What's Next is a weekly feature started by Hafsah at IceyBooks. Basically, we need your help deciding what to read next! So check out the books below & vote on what YOU think should be our next read!
Okay, Randi here this week! I'm expecting a shipment of books this week, and can't decide which one to read! Now that classes have started again, I have little time to read books of my choice, so I have to be picky. I'm really really excited to read all three of these, though. Annnd, they're all new releases! So help me decide!
I actually featured this as my Waiting on Wednesday post awhile back, and the cover first drew me to it. I knew I had to have a copy because I'm absolutely loving YA contemporary this year!
Goodreads Summary: Lemon grew up with Stella, a single mom who wasn’t exactly maternal. Stella always had a drink in her hand and a new boyfriend every few months, and when things got out of hand, she would whisk Lemon off to a new town for a fresh beginning. Now, just as they are moving yet again, Lemon discovers that she is pregnant from a reckless encounter—with a guy Stella had been flirting with. On the verge of revisiting her mother’s mistakes, Lemon struggles to cope with the idea of herself as a young unmarried mother, as well as the fact that she’s never met her own father. Determined to have at least one big adventure before she has the baby, Lemon sets off on a cross-country road trip, intending not only to meet her father, but to figure out who she wants to be.
Becky and I both love a good Gothic story, and this one is no exception. From the cover to the idyllic setting, I really expect to fall in love with this book.
Goodreads Summary: Kami Glass loves someone she’s never met . . . a boy she’s talked to in her head ever since she was born. She wasn’t silent about her imaginary friend during her childhood, and is thus a bit of an outsider in her sleepy English town of Sorry-in-the-Vale. Still, Kami hasn’t suffered too much from not fitting in. She has a best friend, runs the school newspaper, and is only occasionally caught talking to herself. Her life is in order, just the way she likes it, despite the voice in her head. But all that changes when the Lynburns return. The Lynburn family has owned the spectacular and sinister manor that overlooks Sorry-in-the-Vale for centuries. The mysterious twin sisters who abandoned their ancestral home a generation ago are back, along with their teenage sons, Jared and Ash, one of whom is eerily familiar to Kami. Kami is not one to shy away from the unknown—in fact, she’s determined to find answers for all the questions Sorry-in-the-Vale is suddenly posing. Who is responsible for the bloody deeds in the depths of the woods? What is her own mother hiding? And now that her imaginary friend has become a real boy, does she still love him? Does she hate him? Can she trust him?
I read Spark in early August and have been anxiously waiting for the next installment in the Merrick brothers' series ever since! I can't get enough of the Merrick boys.
Goodreads Summary: Gabriel Merrick plays with fire. Literally. Sometimes he can even control it. And sometimes he can’t. Like the fire that killed his parents. Gabriel has always had his brothers to rely on, especially his twin, Nick. But when an arsonist starts wreaking havoc on their town, all the signs point to Gabriel. Only he’s not doing it. More than Gabriel’s pride is at stake -- this could cost him his family, maybe his life. And no one seems to hear him. Except a shy sophomore named Layne, a brainiac who dresses in turtlenecks and jeans and keeps him totally off balance. Layne understands family problems, and she understands secrets. She has a few of her own. Gabriel can’t let her guess about his brothers, about his abilities, about the danger that’s right at his heels. But there are some risks he can’t help taking. The fuse is lit…
So what's your vote?
Let me know in the comments!




Unspoken. I'm hoping ot pick it up this weekend and start reading. :D
ReplyDeleteUnspoken! I do love a gothic tale, especially on with half-mad characters who hear voices, although I'm a little concerned that her life begins so happy. We shall see!
ReplyDeleteFingerprints on You sounds interesting.
ReplyDelete
ReplyDeleteI vote for Fingerprints of You.
~Brittan
I really loved Spark! I vote for that one :)
ReplyDeleteAnother vote for Spark! The other two sound great, but oohhh Spark. ;)
ReplyDeleteI vote for Unspoken.... Thanks for stopping by..
ReplyDeleteJenea
Ooo, 2 votes for Spark, 2 votes for Fingerprints of You, and THREE votes for Unspoken! Unspoken it is. :)
ReplyDelete