Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Top Ten Books on Our Fall TBRs





Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.  This week our list is Top Ten Books on our Fall TBR List.


Randi's Top Ten Fall TBR Picks

Wow. So many books! The majority of these are being released this fall or came out recently. In no particular order!
(As per usual, all titles link to Goodreads.)


1. Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor Okay, so I finally read Daughter of Smoke and Bone back in July and loveloveloved it. I can't wait to see what happens next! (my review of Daughter of Smoke and Bone is here.)
2. Spark by Brigid Kemmerer I'm excited to read Gabriel's story! I can't get enough of the Merrick brothers. (my review of Storm, the first in the Elementals series, is here.)
3. Fingerprints of You by Kristin-Paige Madonia I've been crushing on this cover since I first saw it (the font is similar to that in my most recent tattoo!), and the story sounds like one I'd really enjoy.
4. Long Lankin by Lindsey Barraclough I've been anxious to read Long Lankin since I first heard about it. Becky is much more up on horror books than I am (I enjoy them but haven't read all that many!), but I'm excited to co-review this one. I love the spooky story come to life aspect.
5. Amber House by Kelly Moore Becky and I are both suckers for a good Gothic tale and I featured Amber House as my WoW pick a couple weeks back. I love the cover and am interested in reading a YA Gothic story.


6. I Hunt Killers by Barry Lyga I finally got this from the library! I have heard nothing but awesome about this book and I'm looking forward to meeting Jazz for myself.
7. 52 Reasons to Hate my Father by Jessica Brody My signed copy of this has been sitting on my shelf for a couple weeks now and I was so.freaking.stoked. to receive it, but other books keep getting in the way! I can't wait to sit down and give this book the attention it deserves. :)
8. Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan Gorgeous cover? Check. Gothic? Check. English manor setting? Check. Those three reasons are enough to rocket this book to my can't-freaking-wait list! And I'll be getting a copy as soon as it's released. Even if Barnes & Noble isn't stocking it.... *grumblegrumble*
9. Freaks Like Us by Susan Vaught If you've been around for awhile, you may have noticed my "slight" fondness for contemporary YA. ;) Also, I'm really interested in reading a story told from the POV of a teen who struggles with schizophrenia.
10. Defiance by CJ Redwine Okay, I'm really happy to see so many YA epic-sounding fantasy books coming out this year (Throne of Glass, Falling Kingdoms, this one!). Plus I adore this cover. I'd kill for her hair! ;)





Becky's Top Six






1. The Child Thief by Brom: Peter Pan is evil?  I always thought he was a creeper.  This dark fantasy promises a lot of disturbing moments, and isn't that what reading is all about?

2.The Magician King by Lev Grossman: as if the cover wasn't enough to make me read this, I devoured the first book!  All of the references to Hp and Narnia re-imagined are irresistible, and I love the hopeless tone!  

3.What's Left of Me by Kat Zhang: Everyone starts off with two souls in one body and is expected to kill one by the time they are teens.  One girl keeps both, and risks being locked away.  I love this kind of horror-sci fi mixture and I especially love twin stories.  

4. Sharp Teeth by Toby Barlow: a dogcatcher falls in love with a she-werewolf!  Normally I wouldn't even consider a paranormal romance, but it's labeled horror so I'm hopping for some BITE with this funky plot.

5. The Wager by Donna Jo Napoli: A young man makes a deal with the devil.  For 3 years 3 months and 3 days he won't bathe, and in return he'll earn unending wealth.  What's to lose?  Oh right...his soul.   I think you can probably guess why I want to read this.  I'm hoping he'll lose!

6. The Rook by Daaniel O'Malley: This book promises political intrigue in an urban fantasy setting.  The characters are all  pawns (rooks?) in a larger game.  Also...I love the cover.

8 comments:

  1. Days of Blood & Starlight - YES. I threw that in my top two!!!

    And I am having a ROYAL FIT to read The Child Thief. Seriously. I mean, look at that cover?? It could shake up everything I know if I'm not careful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amber House and Long Lankin sound so good!!

    I just borrowed The Child Thief from my brother-in-law, he said I have to read it.

    I love your list! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many exciting books to read! I really need more time...lol.

      Delete
  3. That "52 Reasons" book certainly sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard nothing but good things about it! Hopefully I'll be able to read & review it soon. ;)

      Delete
  4. Lovely choices and a few are on my fall reading list as well!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...