The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~ It's a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.
Last Week We Brought You
Sunday
A look at the author of Looking for Alaska and The Fault in Our Stars
(Author Study)
I'm not one for YA contemporary realism. Despite that roadblock, John Green is one of my favorite authors, and certainly my favorite of that genre.
I enjoyed this book, but I did see some flaws this time around. I appreciate Alexie’s inclusion and candidness of the discrimination that Junior (and Native Americans in general) experiences without being preachy or overly didactic.
Tuesday
Top Ten Tueday: Books That Make You Think
The books that kept me wondering long after I'd finished them.
(Top Ten Tuesday)
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
Waiting on Wednesday
Which books are Randi and I eagerly awaiting?
(WoW)
![]() |
![]() |
Randi and I go head to head reviewing the same book.
(Twice Baked Thursday)
I was expecting a lot from this book, and it did not deliver anything (Becky). It delivered a week of no free-reading for me...I didn't want to read at all because I knew I needed to read this book next! (Randi)
The Iron King, by Julie Kagawa
My review of a popular fantasy novel
(Review)
This book had a potentially interesting concept until about 200 pages in. After that the plot structure was predictable and became an awkward blend of ideas.
Randi hit the stores, see what she hauled back! Special guests this week!
Then, enjoy another review on The Fault in our Stars!
(StS, Review)
Then, enjoy another review on The Fault in our Stars!
(StS, Review)
This Week Look For
Sunday
Review of Totally Joe from becky
(Review)
Monday
Review of Thirteen Reasons Why from Randi
(Review)
Tuesday
Top Ten Bookish People Randi Would Like To Meet
(Top Ten Tuesday)
Wednesday
Waiting On Wednesday
See what books Randi and I are eagerly awaiting!
(WoW)
Thursday
Twice Baked Thursday:
Randi and I go head to head reviewing Ruby Red by Kerstin Gier
(Twice Baked Thursday)
What's Next
I need your help deciding what I should read next! This week is YA Dystopian societies
(What's Next)
Friday
The Boy Who Couldn't Sleep and Never Had To by D.C Pierson
(review)
Saturday
Randi Reviews The Body at the Tower audiobook
(Review or STS)
Review of Totally Joe from becky
(Review)
Monday
Review of Thirteen Reasons Why from Randi
(Review)
Tuesday
Top Ten Bookish People Randi Would Like To Meet
(Top Ten Tuesday)
Wednesday
Waiting On Wednesday
See what books Randi and I are eagerly awaiting!
(WoW)
Thursday
Twice Baked Thursday:
Randi and I go head to head reviewing Ruby Red by Kerstin Gier
(Twice Baked Thursday)
What's Next
I need your help deciding what I should read next! This week is YA Dystopian societies
(What's Next)
Friday
The Boy Who Couldn't Sleep and Never Had To by D.C Pierson
(review)
Saturday
Randi Reviews The Body at the Tower audiobook
(Review or STS)












You have had a great week. I hope next week is too. Happy reading..
ReplyDeleteJenea @ Books Live Forever
http://booksliveforever.com/?p=4203
You got a ton of books! I hope you enjoy them all.
ReplyDeleteMY SUNDAY POST
Wow what an awesome week! I have never read a John Green book..I know Right!!! Thanks for being a part of The Sunday Post
ReplyDeleteAn interesting week! I read The Handmaid's Tale many years ago and it still sticks with me, I may need to re-read it.
ReplyDeletehave a great week!
Oh I love Sherman Alexie, but I think that's the one book of his I haven't read. I have it, but still need to get around to it. Great week!
ReplyDeleteI really need to read Gaiman...and you didn't like The 1st in the Iron Fey series? Hmmm...It's been on my TBR for forever!
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by My Added to the Bookshelf Post!
♥ Melissa @ Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf
It seems like you had a great week on the blog. I still haven't read a John Green novel...I'm promising myself I'll get around to it eventually, lol.
ReplyDeleteI hope you have a great week and thanks for stopping by!
Michelle