This meme is hosted (and was created by!) the lovely Tynga at Tynga's Reviews to share any new books we procure - from purchased books, review books, library books, gifted books, and ebooks! We're excited to be participating! :)
It's been weeks since we've done a Stacking the Shelves post, so I've gotten more books than this in the last few weeks which I promise to feature eventually! (Nineteen novels for two lit classes....) Bringing you Randi's new books...with Special Guests!
Sorry for the quality of the book covers this week, but I figured...everyone's always including pics of their dogs & kitties with their books, so I wanted to include my piggies. :)
As usual, all titles link to Goodreads!
All of these books were bought. And this may be the first time ever that I have loved ALL of the covers of my new books! They're all seriously gorgeous!
Pic 1 books are all for fun (pre-ordered Unspoken!)
Pic 2 features books I chose as independent reads for my adolescent lit class.
Pic 3 includes two verse novels, one of which I'll be reading for class as well (I couldn't decide which one when I was ordering them, so I got both!)
Introducing Bacon! (This little girl is actually Hester & Brady's daughter. Husband fail on picking a boy to keep Hester company...)
Make Lemonade by Virginia Euwer Wolff
The Good Braider by Terry Farish
It's been weeks since we've done a Stacking the Shelves post, so I've gotten more books than this in the last few weeks which I promise to feature eventually! (Nineteen novels for two lit classes....) Bringing you Randi's new books...with Special Guests!
Sorry for the quality of the book covers this week, but I figured...everyone's always including pics of their dogs & kitties with their books, so I wanted to include my piggies. :)
As usual, all titles link to Goodreads!
All of these books were bought. And this may be the first time ever that I have loved ALL of the covers of my new books! They're all seriously gorgeous!
Pic 1 books are all for fun (pre-ordered Unspoken!)
Pic 2 features books I chose as independent reads for my adolescent lit class.
Pic 3 includes two verse novels, one of which I'll be reading for class as well (I couldn't decide which one when I was ordering them, so I got both!)
Introducing Ms. Hester Ann, a.k.a. Big Momma! (She's my cuddlepig. Named after Devin Hester.)
Fingerprints of You by Kristen-Paige Madonia - I've been waiting on this one for ages!
Spark (Elemental #2) by Brigid Kemmerer - Can't wait to spend more time with the Merrick boys!
Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan - As soon as I read this description, knew I had to have it! I'll be reviewing this one soon!
Introducing Brady Boy! (Daddy's boy - named after Tom Brady.)
Stupid Fast by Geoff Herbach
Wonderstruck by Brian Selznick
Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein
Introducing Bacon! (This little girl is actually Hester & Brady's daughter. Husband fail on picking a boy to keep Hester company...)
Make Lemonade by Virginia Euwer Wolff
The Good Braider by Terry Farish
So what's new on YOUR shelf this week?
Link us up & we'll stop by!
Link us up & we'll stop by!




The animals are an awesome touch. You got some titles that I've never heard of before. Great haul of books.
ReplyDeleteGrace
Thanks, Grace! :)
DeleteAwww! Your special guests are adorable! I can't wait to put my hands on Unspoken, too. Enjoy your new books!
ReplyDeleteThank you! They're my babies xD. Planning to read Unspoken super soon! I hope you get a copy soon as well. :)
DeleteGreat haul! Love the piggies :)
ReplyDeleteHere's my post:
http://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2012/09/my-weekly-bookishness-91512.html
Colletta
Thanks, Colletta! :)
DeleteAWWWW they're SO CUTE! :D And definitely looks like they're book lovers too ;) I love that cover of Unspoken!! I hear Code Name Verity is amazing! I still need to get to it :*)
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to having you swing by tomorrow for the HP collection epicness! Thanks for stopping by my StS!
Michele | Stacking the Shelves | Giveaway
Thanks, Michele! Hehe. :) If they could talk, I'm pretty sure they would've said "MOM, what are you doing with us?!" lol.
DeleteOh my goodness your g-piggys are SO cute! I had some when I was younger and mine had babies too, even more adorable!
ReplyDeleteAnd nice haul! Code Name Verity is one of the best books and I cannot wait to read Fingerprints of You.
As soon as I saw your blog title I knew I had to come here because you mentioned cardigans! <3 We're now following you
Thank you!! I've heard some great things about Code Name Verity and I really love historical fiction, so I'm definitely excited to get to it! YAY! Thank you so much for the follow! :)
DeleteGreat Haul! I'm really looking forward to Unspoken.. I hope you enjoy!
ReplyDeleteI LOVEEEEEE your guinea pigs <3 They are too too cute!!!
Thank you, Lauren!! :) I'll read Unspoken & have my review up hopefully in the next couple of weeks!
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI know these pigs(hi Randi!). You might notice that Hester is looking *away* from the books because she is illiterate. Brady is the REAL reader in the house.
ReplyDeleteAwww, aunt Crystal! You're not supposed to play favorites! :P
DeleteCode Name Verity is AMAZING!
ReplyDeleteYay! I get even more stoked to hear that I bought the right books!!! ;)
DeleteInteresting choices. Hope you'll enjoy all of them, and I wish you lots of patience and breath for Code Name Varity. That was the first book in a long while I just couldn't continue.
ReplyDeleteMy Haul
I'm sorry to hear that you didn't like it, D! :( I've had a few like that this year and it's even worse when it seems like everyone else absolutely loved it! I couldn't finish Going Bovine and I feel like I'm the only one that didn't like it. Thanks, D! :)
DeleteHi! I'm just Blog hopping! :D Old follower...Visit My FF/STS! :D
ReplyDeleteMichelle @ Mom With A Kindle
Thanks, Michelle!! :)
Delete