Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (10): Becky & Randi


Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday was started by Jill at Breaking the Spine for book bloggers to highlight the books we are anxiously awaiting!


Today, Randi is waiting on:

Strands of Bronze and Gold
by Jane Nickerson
Publication Date: March 12th, 2013

Summary from Goodreads: A sweeping Gothic thriller based on the spine-chilling "Bluebeard" fairytale.

17-year-old Sophia Petheram has been sheltered by her doting family all her life, until the day her father dies. It's 1855, and with no money and few options, she goes to live with her guardian, the mysterious Bernard de Cressac, at the astonishingly lavish Wyndriven Abbey in Mississippi.

Sophie has always longed for a comfortable life, and she finds herself both attracted to and shocked by the charm and easy manners of her overgenerous guardian. But as she begins to piece together the mystery of his past, it's as if thread by thread, a silken net is woven around her. And when she begins glimpsing the ghosts of his former wives (all with hair as red as her own) in the forgotten corners and dark hallways of the Abbey, Sophie knows she's in de Cressac's trap.

With enchanting romance, chilling suspense, and dashes of the supernatural, Strands of Bronze and Gold is a compulsively-readable debut.


Why I'm waiting anxiously: Another Gothic thriller! This is totally up my alley. I love the retelling bit, too. I'm going to have to reread Bluebeard before this comes out. Definitely sounds creepy. And that cover! We all know I'm a sucker for a gorgeous cover. :)


Today, Becky is waiting on:

by Richard Denny
Publication Date: 2013


Summary from Goodreads: 
When Blair Lewis is left for dead in a freezing lake, she can't get over the fact that her boyfriend tried to kill her. But when Blair begins to see her supposed dead boyfriend around town, she attempts to piece it all together and figure out if he is alive after all. Someone or something is also stalking Blair and leaving sinister text messages and old fashioned letters behind for her. Is Blair simply losing her mind? Or is something vicious and dark after her sanity and soul?

Why I'm waiting anxiously:SO many questions!  I need them answered!  The cover is also really cool..albeit a strange angel.

9 comments:

  1. What Lies Beneath sounds so freaky! Her boyfriend tried to killer her?! But then her boyfriend died and she sees is ghost?! Lots of question!
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. What Lies Beneath is totally going on my to read list! Just reading the blurb and cover? eeek I need this!

    My WoW pick

    ~Jay
    We Fancy Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice picks, both of you! Not sure if I'm gonna pick up either, but they sure sound tempting, especially Strands of Bronze and Gold. And both covers are very well done.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. What Lies Beneath sounds awesome, so does Strands of Bronze and Gold. Great picks.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever
    http://booksliveforever.com/?p=4236

    ReplyDelete
  5. Strands of Bronze and Gold- gorgeous cover, great story. I can't wait to read it now, too. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two good picks.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/09/waiting-on-wednesday_19.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. These both sound great. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you are interested, you can read the short Brothers Grimm version of the BlueBeard tale on Jane Nickerson's website: www.jane-nickerson.com.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...