Waiting on Wednesday
Waiting on Wednesday was started by Jill at Breaking the Spine for book bloggers to highlight the books we are anxiously awaiting!

Today, Randi is waiting on:
The Nightmare Affair
by Mindee Arnett
Publication Date: March 5th, 2013

Today, Randi is waiting on:
The Nightmare Affair
by Mindee Arnett
Publication Date: March 5th, 2013
Summary from Goodreads: 16-year-old Dusty Everhart breaks into houses late at night, but not because she’s a criminal. No, she’s a Nightmare. Literally. Dusty is a magical being who feeds on human dreams.
Being the only Nightmare at Arkwell Academy, a boarding school for magickind, and living in the shadow of her mother’s infamy is hard enough. But when Dusty sneaks into Eli Booker’s house, things get a whole lot more complicated. He’s hot, which means sitting on his chest and invading his dreams couldn’t get much more embarrassing. But it does. Eli is dreaming of a murder. The setting is Arkwell
And then it comes true. Now the Dusty has to follow the clues--both within Eli’s dreams and out of them--to stop the killer before more people turn up dead. And before the killer learns what she’s up to and marks her as the next target.
Why I'm waiting anxiously: I got so excited when I saw this cover - I love the simplicity of the color scheme, and yet it there are still a lot of details, from the grass, to the birds, gravestones, girl, etc. Plus, hot boy, a boarding school for the people with magical abilities, dream eating. Sounds like a great read!
Today, Becky is waiting on:
by Patrick Carman
Publication Date: February 26th, 2013
From New York Times bestselling author Patrick Carman, a teen fantasy-adventure of epic proportions. In 2051, some teens have a “pulse,” the power to move objects with their minds. Compulsively readable, with thrilling action scenes and a tender love story.
The year is 2051, and the world is still recognizable. With the help of her mysterious classmate Dylan Gilmore, Faith Daniels discovers that she can move objects with her mind. This telekinetic ability is called a “pulse,” and Dylan has the talent, too.
In riveting action scenes, Faith demonstrates her ability to use her pulse against a group of telekinesis masters so powerful they will flatten their enemies by uprooting street lights, moving boulders, and changing the course of a hurtling hammer so that it becomes a deadly weapon. But even with great talent, the mind—and the heart—can be difficult to control. If Faith wants to join forces with Dylan and save the world, she’ll have to harness the power of both.
Patrick Carman’s Pulse trilogy is a stunning, action-filled triumph about the power of the mind—and the power of love.
Why I'm waiting anxiously: This book has a familiar story, freshly imagined. I'm excited to see where Carman takes it!

Tot boy, a boarding school for the people with magical abilities, dream eating. LOL Yes that all sounds great. I love the idea of a whole book about a nightmare. Pulse is me but sounds awesome! I love books in the future.
ReplyDeleteMy WOW
RIGHT! Lol. It sounds unlike anything else I've ever read. And I just cannot get over that cover! :)
DeleteThird time I've seen Nightmare Affair today and it just keeps looking better and better.
ReplyDeleteI'm definitely going to have to read this one. Plus, Pulse just looks amazing.
Thanks for sharing!
Here's my WoW post
~Danica Page
Taking it One Page at a Time
I've seen The Midnight Affair somewhere before and I think it's a good pick, although I don't know if I'll pick it up myself just yet. The cover for Pulse looks awesome, I'll have a second look at this, and it might end up on my tbr.
ReplyDeleteThanks a lot for sharing. My WoW
I haven't heard of these books before but cover for Pulse looks amazing! I'll check it out!
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing!
Here is my WoW post
I'm really looking forward to The Nightmare Affair. Great WoW :)
ReplyDeleteI think "The Nightmare Affair" was on Netgalley, but I'm not exactly sure. It looks pretty though.
ReplyDeleteMy WOW this week.
I have both books on my to-read list and I can't wait to read them. They sound pretty great and I'm excited about them. Great picks!
ReplyDeleteCome check out my WOW post.
The nightmare affair is popular and I can understand why! :D I can't wait.
ReplyDeleteCome visit my WoW.
Nice picks! Both books look cool, especially The Nightmare Affair. Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteI haven't heard of this book. I'm a new GFC follower.
ReplyDeleteHere's my WoW - http://bookbloggermom.blogspot.com/2012/09/waiting-on-wednesday-8.html
Great pics.
ReplyDeleteThey both sound great. Please check out my WOW.
ReplyDeleteThe Nightmare Affair was my WoW last week! Great picks! Please check out my WoW!
ReplyDeleteHey Randi! Haven't talked in a while! :D Hope you are doing well!
ReplyDeleteOhhhh....The Nightmare Affair sounds pretty good! Plus, how often do you get to read about a nightmare!?? LOL ;p And I really like the cover too! Very purple-ish...O_o XD Great picks! :D
My WoW post!
~ Maida @ Literary Love Affair
Pulse looks so amazing. I hear Patrick Carmen is an amazing writer. Thanks so much for sharing!
ReplyDelete------
Giselle from Book Nerd Canada
Waiting on Wednesday #38