Waiting on Wednesday
Waiting on Wednesday was started by Jill at Breaking the Spine for book bloggers to highlight the books we are anxiously awaiting!
Today, Randi is waiting on:
Out of the Easy
by Ruta Sepetys
Publication Date: February 13th, 2013
Summary from Goodreads: Known amongst locals as the daughter of a brothel prostitute, Josie wants more out of life than The Big Easy has to offer. She devises a plan to get out, but a mysterious death in the Quarter leaves Josie tangled in an investigation that will challenge her allegiance to her mother, her conscience, and Willie Woodley, the brusque madam on Conti Street. Caught between the dream of an elite college and a clandestine underworld, New Orleans lures Josie in her quest for truth, dangling temptation at every turn, and escalating to the ultimate test.
With characters as captivating as her international bestselling novel, "Between Shades of Gray," Ruta Sepetys skillfully creates a rich story of secrets, lies, and the haunting reminder that decisions can shape our destiny.
Out of the Easy
by Ruta Sepetys
Publication Date: February 13th, 2013Summary from Goodreads: Known amongst locals as the daughter of a brothel prostitute, Josie wants more out of life than The Big Easy has to offer. She devises a plan to get out, but a mysterious death in the Quarter leaves Josie tangled in an investigation that will challenge her allegiance to her mother, her conscience, and Willie Woodley, the brusque madam on Conti Street. Caught between the dream of an elite college and a clandestine underworld, New Orleans lures Josie in her quest for truth, dangling temptation at every turn, and escalating to the ultimate test.
With characters as captivating as her international bestselling novel, "Between Shades of Gray," Ruta Sepetys skillfully creates a rich story of secrets, lies, and the haunting reminder that decisions can shape our destiny.
Why I'm waiting anxiously: I loved Ruta Sepetys' debut Between Shades of Gray, and I honestly will probably read anything else she publishes. Aside from that, I'm intrigued by the New Orleans settings because, though I've always wanted to visit, I haven't read all that many books set in NOLA. The secrets and lies mentioned in the synopsis have me curious as well!
Summary from Goodreads: On the night seventeen-year-old Jeremy Glass winds up in the hospital with a broken leg and a blood alcohol level well above the legal limit, his secret crush, Susannah, disappears. When he begins receiving messages from her from beyond the grave, he's not sure whether they're real or if he's losing his grip on reality. Clue by clue, he gets closer to unraveling the mystery, and soon realizes he must discover the truth or become the next victim himself
Today, Becky is waiting on:
by Lisa Amowitz
Publication Date: June 9th, 2013
Summary from Goodreads: On the night seventeen-year-old Jeremy Glass winds up in the hospital with a broken leg and a blood alcohol level well above the legal limit, his secret crush, Susannah, disappears. When he begins receiving messages from her from beyond the grave, he's not sure whether they're real or if he's losing his grip on reality. Clue by clue, he gets closer to unraveling the mystery, and soon realizes he must discover the truth or become the next victim himself
Why I'm waiting anxiously: I love paranormal stories with a bit of mystery.

Great picks! They both sound exciting and very interesting! Adding to my TBR list! Thanks for sharing! :D
ReplyDeleteMy WoW post!
~ Maida @ Literary Love Affair
Thanks, Maida!!! :)
Deletei can't wait for breaking class. gr8 wow
ReplyDeletemy wow
Thanks, roro! :)
DeleteI like the sound and cover of Breaking Glass. Great choice, Becky! I'll keep an eye out for this one!
ReplyDeleteMy WoW
Yay! Thanks, D. :)
DeleteBoth books look great. Out of the Easy is already on my list! Great choices! New Follower :)
ReplyDeleteCheck out my WoW
Thanks, Krista!
DeleteThis is on my wishlits, it looks really interesting! :)
ReplyDeleteYay! :D I love sharing book excitement. It gets me so stoked lol.
DeleteGreat picks! I have Between Shades of Gray but I haven't started it yet. Breaking Glass sounds really good too.
ReplyDeleteNew GFC follower. :]
Check out My WoW!
-Kait @ YA Vixens
Between Shades of Gray is such a special book, definitely not a light read though, so, if you're like me and cry while reading, definitely have some tissues handy! :) Thanks for the follow!
DeleteI hadn't heard of these books but they sounds interesting. I hope you enjoy them when you get a chance to read them. Great picks. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteCome check out WOW post.
Thanks, Martina!! :)
DeleteI wouldn't have expected the Shades of Gray author to write a book with this subject matter. This is a real surprise--one I'm interested in checking out! I hadn't heard of this book before now. I have to think about Breaking Glass. I'm not much of a fan of "beyond the grave" books. Thanks for stopping by!
ReplyDeleteI know! It's so completely different that I'm even more intrigued! Thanks, June! :)
Delete