Sunday, August 5, 2012

#SWUR update #1 & a challenge!

We're participating in the Summer Wrap-Up Read-a-Thon sponsored by Jude @In Between Reading and Writing and Jennifer @Some Like It Paranormal! This Read-a-Thon lasts from the 4th to the 12th. Join in! And let us know what you're reading! We'll post periodical updates throughout the week, participate in challenges, and all of the books we manage to read will be featured in future reviews or Twice Baked Thursday reviews (check here to learn more about our Twice Baked Thursday meme & to participate!)

Randi's Update #1

So far, I finished Jellicoe Road (which I had actually hoped to finish before the RAT began, but life got in the way!) and started & finished Beneath a Meth Moon. Combined, that's 445 pages since midnight on Friday. Pretty good considering I didn't get in much reading time yesterday! :) And now for my first challenge! Hopefully I do this right...

Randi's Hotter than Summer Challenge Post

This fun little challenge is hosted by Trini @ Book Lover's Review! Thanks for hosting this challenge, Trini! :)

ALL of the Merrick brothers in Brigid Kemmerer's Storm (link to my review) are HOTTER THAN SUMMER!


Though a couple of the brothers are on this cover (I'm not sure if all four are supposed to be the brothers.... Hmm... I don't see any twins...), and the cover-boys are not unattractive... the brothers in my mind are even hotter.

My rating: an 11 on a scale of 10.

My reasons: All of the brothers are unique, but they also all share some qualities that I find incredibly alluring (read:hot), including (but not limited to): power, good looks, strength, muscles (they're so strong that I have to list this with two synonyms!), kindness, etc. Individually, Michael is brooding (and also the only one that's actually my age!); Gabriel is snarky; Nick is sweet; Chris is protective. And, HELLO, they have powers!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hehe, thanks! I can't wait to get lost in their world again once Spark comes out! xD Happy reading & good luck!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...