Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This week our list (brought to you by Randi!) is about the top ten posts I think would give the best picture of ME as a reader & a person. And though it's my week to post, I think it only fitting that you lovely, wonderful readers get a picture of not only me, but my co-blogger Becky as well! So I'll be mentioning some posts from each of us! Admittedly, there aren't a TON of posts to choose from since we're only been blogging a month, but I have my favorites! ;) Enjoy!
I've picked a LOT of my reviews mostly because I think it shows how diverse my reading tastes are! These are all books I've read in the past month, and their genres are all over the place. Totally a good indication of my personal reading preferences - all over the place!

1. My review of Daughter of Smoke and Bone This one's interesting because although I loved the book, I had a heck of a time reviewing it. I just couldn't think of any drawbacks, and I also couldn't think of any positives to mention because the whole book was one big positive! I guess this shows how I persevere? ;) Hehe.
2. My review of My Life Next Door This is a perfect example of a genre that I've really only gotten into this year. And also how important character is to me because Fitzpatrick did an AWESOME job with her characters in this book, and it's one of my favorite parts!3. My review of This is Not a Test This review is full of booklove! And I think, informational-wise, it is one of my best reviews.
4. My review of The Knife of Never Letting Go This was my first true review on the blog, so I'm a little nostalgic about it (because, you know, it was oh so long ago!). And it even got comments! <3

5. My review of Storm I just really like this review (and this book) and I think it's a little more light-hearted, to give a different view of my personality!
6. Becky & my original meme (joint review) post over Looking for Alaska This is a Twice-Baked Thursday post, a meme Becky came up with to put a spin on the typical "joint review" - something we could share. Becky and I first met as undergrads getting our English degrees, so discussing and comparing and even debating books is something we've done as long as we've known each other! So this is definitely an important one.7. My Top Ten Most Vivid Worlds/Settings Another post that gives you an idea of something big I look for in stories - a cool setting. And here are some of my favorites!
8. Becky's Top Ten Characters She'd Like to Switch Places with for 24 Hours This is Becky's personality to a T! Her writing is ALL Becky, for sure. :) What better way to get to know her?! I really like her reasoning for all of her picks as well.9. Becky's Author Study post on Rick Riordan (!!!) I really enjoy the author studies that Becky does, and I think it gives you a better insight to her personality - the time she takes to highlight a specific author and his/her books. And I like Rick Riordan; everyone should be introduced to him and his books!
10. And of course (cheating here a bit), our Intro to US posts! Becky is here and Randi is here Okay, these
two are obvious! They were our first posts besides the overall "welcome to the blog post"! And they're about us, which is kind of an important one to point out if we're trying to show US! :)
So what posts made YOUR top ten?
Link us up! :)

Haven't heard of the author studies so I'll click over and read yours. Enjoyed reading your list.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Vikk! :) Becky's posted a couple of them now, but the Rick Riordan one is my fave so far!
DeleteI love that you ladies have a joint blog! It's cool that you both have such great content and can really showcase your personalities. I'll definitely be checking out more of your stuff in the future!
ReplyDeleteAwww, thanks so much!! :D I'm loving this new adventure! And it's fun to see the librarian vs. teacher thinking. ;)
DeleteMy Life Next Door is on my to be read pile for this month. I can't wait to start reading it! Great review for it! :)
ReplyDeleteThanks, Nina! I hope you get to read it very soon! It has a special place in my heart. :)
DeleteOoh the author studies post sounds really cool--I love Rick Riordan! :)
ReplyDeleteHere’s my TTT
Thanks, Joie! :D I like the author study posts - Becky has such great ideas, I always wish I'd thought of them first. ;)
Delete