Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This week our list (brought to you by Randi!) is Top Ten Romances You think would Make It in the Real World (outside the book)! I love this topic! :)

1. Amy & Roger from Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson. These two have been with each other through a lot. And I can personally attest (with my marriage) to the fact that if you can drive even halfway across the country (in my case, halfway across the country and then back again) without killing your (very attractive) companion, it just might be true love.

2. Chris & Becca from Storm by Brigid Kemmerer. Life saving, on both ends, meant to be. End of story. Well, hopefully not the end of their story, but seriously. So sweet.
3. Sam & Jase from My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick(honorable mention to Mr. & Mrs. Garrett). Another couple who have been through a lot together (from things of the first-times variety to the thing that happens), if they weathered those storms, they'll make it for sure! And Mr. & Mrs. Garrett have made it through 20+ years together with all those kids in a loving and crazy household - they're together forever. For sure.

4. Harper & Travis from Something Like Normal by Trish Doller. Oh these two. They have their problems, and they'll probably have a lot more. But they get each other. And after what they've been through individually, if they can still love each other past all that hurt, I think they have a great chance.
5. Julie & Matt from Flat-Out Love by Jessica Park. These two lovebirds are just so cute. I think the way they got to know each other (slowly) and fell for each other (so sweet!) is a recipe for success.

6. Claire & Jamie from Outlander by Diana Gabaldon. Let me preface this by saying I HAVE ONLY READ THE FIRST BOOK. So if crazy shite happens later, I don't want to know about it! Alls I can say is, they made it through a near-hanging, prison, numerous (to put it lightly) life-threatening wounds, Claire staying with Jamie when she could've gone back... That's some crazy stuff to stick together through!
7. Katsa & Po from Graceling by Kristin Cashore. Again, they've been through too much not to make it!
8. Jane & Mr. Rochester from Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte. Oh, oh, oh, tied for my #1 favorite book of all time. There is no question here. Jane and Mr. Rochester lived happily ever after. The end.
And, because I ran out of couples who I love who I think should be together and would actually make it, I'm throwing in two couples who don't end up together (or, in the case of #10, who may or may not...) who totally should have!!!

9. Laurie & Jo from Little Women by Louisa May Alcott. Okay, seriously Miss Alcott. My other favorite book of all time, and you couldn't just give Jo the swoon-worthy neighbor boy?! I know, I know, it was all about Jo's independence, she didn't need a man to complete her, blah blah blah. She still should've ended up with Laurie. JUST SAYIN'. I love you, Miss Alcott, but DAMN. These kids belonged together! Ugh.
10. Tessa & Jem from Clockwork Angel by Cassie Clare. Team Jem here! I totally get that whole bad-boy-don't-get-close-to-anyone thing Will's got goin' on. And that's hot. But JEM. Jem is sweet and gentle and you just wanna HUG HIM. He's so broken yet strong, and so, so perfect. /endrant. Can't wait for Clockwork Princess!)
Just to cover my bases...
WARNING ***THERE MAY BE SPOILERS AHEAD IF YOU HAVE NOT READ THE FOLLOWING BOOKS: Amy & Roger's Epic Detour, Storm by Brigid Kemmerer, My Life Next Door, Something Like Normal, Flat-Out Love, Outlander, Graceling, Jane Eyre, Little Women, & The Infernal Devices series.***

1. Amy & Roger from Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson. These two have been with each other through a lot. And I can personally attest (with my marriage) to the fact that if you can drive even halfway across the country (in my case, halfway across the country and then back again) without killing your (very attractive) companion, it just might be true love.
2. Chris & Becca from Storm by Brigid Kemmerer. Life saving, on both ends, meant to be. End of story. Well, hopefully not the end of their story, but seriously. So sweet.3. Sam & Jase from My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick(honorable mention to Mr. & Mrs. Garrett). Another couple who have been through a lot together (from things of the first-times variety to the thing that happens), if they weathered those storms, they'll make it for sure! And Mr. & Mrs. Garrett have made it through 20+ years together with all those kids in a loving and crazy household - they're together forever. For sure.

4. Harper & Travis from Something Like Normal by Trish Doller. Oh these two. They have their problems, and they'll probably have a lot more. But they get each other. And after what they've been through individually, if they can still love each other past all that hurt, I think they have a great chance.5. Julie & Matt from Flat-Out Love by Jessica Park. These two lovebirds are just so cute. I think the way they got to know each other (slowly) and fell for each other (so sweet!) is a recipe for success.

6. Claire & Jamie from Outlander by Diana Gabaldon. Let me preface this by saying I HAVE ONLY READ THE FIRST BOOK. So if crazy shite happens later, I don't want to know about it! Alls I can say is, they made it through a near-hanging, prison, numerous (to put it lightly) life-threatening wounds, Claire staying with Jamie when she could've gone back... That's some crazy stuff to stick together through!7. Katsa & Po from Graceling by Kristin Cashore. Again, they've been through too much not to make it!
8. Jane & Mr. Rochester from Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte. Oh, oh, oh, tied for my #1 favorite book of all time. There is no question here. Jane and Mr. Rochester lived happily ever after. The end.
And, because I ran out of couples who I love who I think should be together and would actually make it, I'm throwing in two couples who don't end up together (or, in the case of #10, who may or may not...) who totally should have!!!

9. Laurie & Jo from Little Women by Louisa May Alcott. Okay, seriously Miss Alcott. My other favorite book of all time, and you couldn't just give Jo the swoon-worthy neighbor boy?! I know, I know, it was all about Jo's independence, she didn't need a man to complete her, blah blah blah. She still should've ended up with Laurie. JUST SAYIN'. I love you, Miss Alcott, but DAMN. These kids belonged together! Ugh.10. Tessa & Jem from Clockwork Angel by Cassie Clare. Team Jem here! I totally get that whole bad-boy-don't-get-close-to-anyone thing Will's got goin' on. And that's hot. But JEM. Jem is sweet and gentle and you just wanna HUG HIM. He's so broken yet strong, and so, so perfect. /endrant. Can't wait for Clockwork Princess!)
Link me up!
Who's in YOUR top ten list of romances that would make it in the real world?

My Life Next Door is on my tbr list for this month. Now, I can't wait to read the book! :) Yay, for that couple! :)
ReplyDeleteYay!!! Let me know what you think, Nina! It's one of my faves! :)
DeleteI like the idea of Po and Katsa making it! I just read Under the Never Sky and the relationship reminded me of Po and Katsa, in a good way. Check out my TTT :-)
ReplyDeletehttp://yafictionandwhiskeysours.blogspot.com/2012/08/top-ten-tuesday-so-this-is-love.html
Gah, Under the Never Sky has been on my shelf for months and I haven't read it yet! Must get to it soon, especially since it reminded you of Katsa & Po - loooved them together! :D
DeleteYou have a couple of my favorite books on your list-LOVE LOVE LOVE Little Women and Outlander!
ReplyDeleteNice list!
Yay!!!! I love knowing that other people share my love for my favorites! :D
DeleteYou had me with Julie and Matt, Claire and Jamie :) I also have a huge soft spot for Jem. Glad to see someone else does too!
ReplyDeleteThanks! :) Yay for Jem!!!! :D I have a feeling CP2 will break my heart...
DeleteLove your list! I noticed Storm immediately. It's one of my next reads and I can't wait to read and discover if Becca and Chris would make it in the real world for myself :)
ReplyDeleteMy TTT
Thanks! I hope you like it as much as I did!!! :) I LOVE the Merrick brothers!
DeleteAwesome picks! I'm currently reading Graceling & I'm really liking it so far! I can't wait to pick up the companion novels. :)
ReplyDeleteYay!!! I'm glad you're enjoying it. I still need to pick up Fire & Bitterblue! D: I hope you review Graceling! :)
DeleteAwesome list! I had 7 and 8 on my list too! Unfortunately, I can't agree with 10 because I'm team Will. lol :)
ReplyDeleteI really don't know why more people didn't have Jane & Mr. Rochester! D: Lol, I like Will...but I like Jem better! xD I think CP2 will break my heart. :(
DeleteYES times a zillion for Laurie/Jo... that was definitely one of my first ships and it killed me every time I experienced the movie or book to have it not happen. =b
ReplyDeleteLoveeee Amy/Roger of course. I'm liking Sam/Jase, too... a couple people I saw picked them, and I totally agree.
RIGHT! I mean, I love Miss Alcott, but srsly?! Jo and Laurie were MEANT to be together! D:
DeleteAmy/Roger and Sam/Jase are both such sweet first-love stories and I totally hope they'd make it. :)
Definitely Jo and Laurie. But I can't support the Jem and Tessa. I just can't. I love Jem, but he's just not swoon-worthy to me. I haven't read any of the other books.
ReplyDeleteThanks for visiting my Top Ten.
Yay Team Laurie! :D Ohhhh but Jem! I don't know what it is about him, I think it's that he's so sensitive (and he plays the violin hehe). I find him total swoon, though I wish he didn't have that nasty drug habit. :( Thanks, Manda-Rae!
DeleteNooooo you're team Jem?! Say it ain't so! D:
ReplyDeleteJK, I hope both boys get their HEA in Clockwork princess. ;)
And ASASDFGHJKLKJH!! Julie and Matt! I can't believe I forgot about them!
Great choices! :)
LOL. It's true! ;) I hope they both do as well. I do like Will, I promise! I love that he's bookish & (shh don't tell anyone) that he's brooding. But I lurve Jem!
DeleteThanks! :D Loved Julie and Matt! This kinda makes me wanna do a reread.
My Life Next Door... Sam and Jace, sigh yes! YES!
ReplyDeleteAren't they just the sweetest?! Love them. :)
DeleteI'd have to say my top romance that would make it in the real world would be Wesley and Buttercup from Goldman's The Princess Bride. Seriously, how could they not? SWOON!
ReplyDeleteI totally haven't read The Princess Bride. :( Adding it to my list!
Delete(Love the movie, though! I quote Inigo Montoya all the time - "My name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father. Prepare to die!") Hehe. I will definitely look into getting hold of a copy of the book, though! Thanks, Nikki. :)
awww Jem I love Jem! :) Great list, thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm following you now.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much, Christie! :D
Delete