Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (5): Becky & Randi


Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday was started by Jill at Breaking the Spine for book bloggers to highlight the books we are anxiously awaiting!


Today, Randi is waiting on:


Revel
by Maurissa Guibord
Publication Date: February 12th, 2013


Summary from Goodreads: There's an island off the coast of Maine that's not on any modern map. Shrouded in mist and protected by a deadly reef, Trespass Island is home to a community of people who guard the island and its secrets from outsiders. Seventeen-year-old Delia grew up in Kansas, but has come here in search of her family and answers to her questions: Why didn't her mother ever talk about Trespass Island? Why did she fear the open water? But Delia's not welcome and soon finds herself enmeshed in a frightening and supernatural world where ancient Greek symbols adorn the buildings and secret ceremonies take place on the beach at night. Sean Gunn, a handsome young lobsterman, befriends Delia and seems willing to risk his life to protect her. But it's Jax, the coldly elusive young man she meets at the water's edge, who finally makes Delia understand the real dangers of life on the island. Delia is going to have to fight to survive. Because there are monsters here. And no one ever leaves Trespass alive.



Why I'm anxiously waiting: I really enjoy mythology-based books and this monster-mystery-horror-thriller mashup sounds fascinating to me! Plus it takes place on an island (score!) and an island in New England, no less (bonus points! Big New England setting fan here!). Downside...waiting until February!



Today, Becky is waiting on:

by Imogen Howson
Publication Date: March 28th, 2013

Summary from Goodreads: Elissa used to have it all: looks, popularity, and a bright future. But for the last three years, she’s been struggling with terrifying visions, phantom pains, and mysterious bruises that appear out of nowhere. 

Finally, she’s promised a cure: minor surgery to burn out the overactive area of her brain. But on the eve of the procedure, she discovers the shocking truth behind her hallucinations: she’s been seeing the world through another girl’s eyes.

Elissa follows her visions, and finds a battered, broken girl on the run. A girl—Lin—who looks exactly like Elissa, down to the matching bruises. The twin sister she never knew existed.

Now, Elissa and Lin are on the run from a government who will stop at nothing to reclaim Lin and protect the dangerous secrets she could expose—secrets that would shake the very foundation of their world.

Riveting, thought-provoking and utterly compelling, Linked will make you question what it really means to be human


Why I'm anxiously waiting: You will soon realize if you follow these posts that I love pretty much everything about twins!  Identical, fraternal, it matters not.  The sweet cover didn't hurt either.

44 comments:

  1. Both books sound great & I love the covers!

    My WoW, http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com.au/2012/08/waiting-on-wednesday-15th-august.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both books sound awesome! And those covers are gorgeous! What is it with all these new books and hot covers!?? Can't wait to check these out! Great picks! Thanks for sharing! :D

    My WoW post! 

    ~ Maida @ Literary Love Affair

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right! Some seriously gorgeous covers for the next six months+!

      Delete
  3. I love the cover for Revel! And I also love mythology books plus on an island! Linked has an awesome cover as well. I find twins interesting and really curious how these twins separated and how they are experiencing the same symptoms. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jennifer! I am loving the increase in mythology books.

      Delete
  4. I haven't heard of Revel but I have Linked on my to-read list already and I can't wait to read it. Both covers are absolutely gorgeous. Revel sounds good and I'll add it on my to-read list as well.
    Great picks. Thanks for sharing.
    Come check out my WOW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Glad we could add something to your list! ;)

      Delete
  5. They both sound good, but I'm especially drawn to Revel. Maine...and that misty cover grabbed me. Enjoy!

    Here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been seeing a lot of YA books set in Maine lately, and I love it! :)

      Delete
  6. These have really beautiful covers. I'm with you, I love books with mythology. I haven't seen these. I have to add them. Thank you for sharing them. Great picks.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever
    http://booksliveforever.com/?p=3024

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jenea! :) It always puts a smile on my face knowing I helped add to a TBR pile! ;) hehehe.

      Delete
  7. I'm not sure which cover I like more but I think Revel won marginally as love the colour and the blurb is more interesting too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm partial to the Revel cover too, but don't tell Becky! ;)

      Delete
  8. Haven't heard of either, but they sound great.

    Hope you both get to read them soon!
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Linked sounds AWESOME. It sounds like such an action packed novel! I've just added it to my wishlist. I also love the cover! I love books about twins as well :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amber! Yay for contributing to wishlists! Always happy to help hehe. :)

      Delete
  10. Both sound really interesting and they have awesome covers too. Hope you enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both choices sound really good, Randi! I love the New England setting too! It's so pretty out there. I can't imagine figuring out you have a twin you never knew about. Great picks. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rachel! Any books with New England settings we should know about? ;)

      Delete
  12. two captivating choices.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/08/waiting-on-wednesday_15.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both of these look really interesting! Thanks for sharing and stoppy by!

    Nat

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great picks! Both of those sound awesome, especially Revel. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great picks! I'm really excited for both of these, especially Linked. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. These covers are wicked awesome. Especially excited for Revel. I love Greek mythology and any mythology based book is a TBR for me! Thanks for the awesome picks!

    ReplyDelete
  17. BOTH of these look SO good and have GORGEOUS covers! They are both on my TBR! Thanks for stopping by Libby Blog today.
    Our Wow @Libby Blog

    ReplyDelete
  18. ~COVER LOVE!!!
    Both of these books look and sound fantastic! Thanks for sharing--these are definitely going on my TBR list! X)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!! I am a sucker for a pretty cover, that's for sure! ;)

      Delete
  19. OH MY. I MUST READ BOTH OF THESE. Seriously good WoW picks! And thanks for the blog love, ladies! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh wow! Both of these sound amazing! I love the cover for Linked! Just gorgeous! I'll add both of these to my TBR!
    Thanks for stopping by!
    Carmen @ Book Me!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh yes these both sound amazing! And the covers are so gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...