Saturday, August 11, 2012

SWUR update and challenges (Randi)


We're participating in the Summer Wrap-Up Read-a-Thon sponsored by Jude @In Between Reading and Writing and Jennifer @Some Like It Paranormal!

Well, we've been terrible at posting SWUR updates this week! I've (Randi) been on twitter a bit this week, tweeting about SWUR, but I've only posted one update post so far! I wanted to do some of the challenges, so I thought it would be good to post an update before our wrap-up post for the Wrap-Up Read-a-Thon. ;) 

Here goes!


Read: (all links go to Goodreads)
Jellicoe Road (I was about 1/3 of the way in before the RAT started)
Beneath a Meth Moon by Jacqueline Woodson
Graffiti Moon by Cath Crowley
Words in the Dust by Trent Reedy

Reading Now:
Impulse by Ellen Hopkins (my first Ellen Hopkins book!)

Challenges:

Christina @ A Reader of Fictions Dystopian Challenge:
My answer to "what classic novel I'd like to see turned into a dystopian or post-apocalyptic novel Jane Eyre, of course! Bertha would be a zombie or there would be some kind of crazy virus that wipes out most of humanity. I want to read this book, so someone write it, please!

I also participated in the Mystery Title Challenge @ Abibliophilic & Shreya's Book Cover Challenge @ Chocolate Coated Reviews (both so fun!)

Emily @ Falling for YA Cover Love Challenge! (I'm using June-August covers)
summer-release book covers I LOVE (I'm a sucker for a pretty cover, so I have lots of faves, but here are my top 6 for this summer):


Camp by Elaine Wolf
My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick
The Curiosities: A Collection of Stories by Maggie Stiefvater, Tessa Gratton, and Brenna Yovanoff
Fingerprints of You by Kristen-Paige Madonia
The Emperor of Paris by C.S. Richardson

Misa @ Skyway Avenue Reads Rewrite the Synopsis Challenge
Okay, let's go for this... Synopsis is for Beneath a Meth Moon by Jacqueline Woodson

Laurel is a 15-year-old girl living in the Midwest with her father and brother after facing a terrible loss in Hurricane Camille. She meets a boy at her high school, and pretty soon she's "beneath a meth moon," giving up everything just to get high. She hurts herself, her family, and her friends. Will she find a way back to the land of the living before it's too late?

So how are you doing with SWUR? 
Link us up!

4 comments:

  1. Wish I were participating in Jen M's readathon since she's one of my favorite bloggers! But I am without computer this week and blogging on my phone is driving me crazy! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, lots of reading. I try never to do challenges that you only read for say a week and then tally it up. I never know what my days will be like and hate to disappoint myself.

    Thanks for stopping by my STS.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, Mary! I ended up participating in two read-a-thons this summer which was a great time for me to focus on & get ahead in my reading since my grad classes start up next week!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...