Saturday, August 18, 2012

Stacking the Shelves (5): The BIG One



This meme is hosted (and was created by!) the lovely Tynga at Tynga's Reviews to share any new books we procure - from purchased books, review books, library books, gifted books, and ebooks! We're excited to be participating! :) 

New on Becky's Shelves this week!




The Bad Beginning by Lemony Snicket
Gifted by my Co-Blogger (Randi).  I've read this before and LOVED it.  Not gonna lie, I even loved the movie.  I'M SORRY.
East by Edith Pattou
Purchased at an actual bookstore.  Someone has to do it so I can keep browsing!
Dark Visions #1-3 by L.J Smith
Old favorite, got a great deal at Books A Million.  I just adore L.J. Smith books.  They were the Twilight of their time and are far better crafted (oops, just slipped out).
Love Anthony by Lisa Genova
Won this one on Goodreads!  Review will follow soon!

New on Randi's Shelves this week!

Won:



Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry - Thank you to Britta @ I Like These Books! (Cannot wait to read this! Can't wait to meet Echo & Noah) :)
The Bad Beginning by Lemony Snicket + sweet swag! (which I shared with my lovely co-blogger!) - Thank you to Aeicha @ Word Spelunking!


Gifted:
The husband stopped at a coworker's yard sale yesterday and got me these for $1.75 total! He knows the way to my heart! :)


The Nightspinners by Lucretia Grindle
The Road by Cormac McCarthy
Fantastic Mr. Fox by Roald Dahl

Bought:



Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins (I've heard so much about Kaiden, I couldn't resist!)
Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder (I've heard nothing but good about this book)
Heist Society by Ally Carter (~$4)



Long Lankin by Lindsey Barraclough (so excited to read this! It will be a Twice Baked Thursday feature in October!)
Changeling by Delia Sherman (~$3)
Darker Still by Leanna Renee Hieber (ebook - ~$3)

So what's new on YOUR shelf this week?
Link us up & we'll stop by!

30 comments:

  1. Pushing the Limits was awesome. Great selection of books. Come visit me as well. Old follower visiting as well.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Grace! I haven't had a chance to pick it up yet, but definitely soon!

      Delete
  2. Stunning haul! Pushing the Limits was a really good book! So badly want to read Sweet Evil :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I've been hearing awesome things about both of them for so long now. Must read soon!

      Delete
  3. EAST is wonderful! I hope you like it.
    I just finished Long Lankin, hope you like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been trying to check out East forever! I love the cover. It reminds me of the Golden Compass!

      Delete
  4. Nice haul!

    I loved Sweet Evil, and I'm reading Darker Still right now. It's fantastic so far.

    Hope you enjoy all your books!

    My Latest Haul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ems! Can't wait to hear what you thought of Darker Still. :)

      Delete
  5. Great haul! Ican't wait to read Sweet Evil! It sounds really good. :) Darker Still sounds pretty good as well. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Krystianna! I've heard nothing but raving about Sweet Evil and Darker Still just sounds so original!

      Delete
  6. Ohmygosh I LOVE your haul! Pushing the Limits is absolutely fan-freakin'-tastic! I hope you love it! And Sweet Evil is totally TOTALLY swoony! I just read it a few weeks ago. It's AWESOME! Poison Study is in my TBR pile and I hope I get around to it soon. :) And ohmygod Heist Society! It sounds totally fab! Enjoy!! :)

    My Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I love knowing I picked books that are well-loved. :) I was a little disappointed that the Poison Study cover isn't the one I was used to seeing (that looks like a castle staircase?), but I've decided this one's really pretty as well!

      Delete
  7. Great haul! I hope you enjoy your new books. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great haul! Pushing the Limits is a lovely book, you should check my review here.


    Here's what I got this week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Elle! Off to check out the review. ;)

      Delete
  9. I loved Poison Study. Hope you enjoy it. Here is my post:
    SSTS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I haven't heard much about it, but what I have heard has all been positive, so I figured it was time to give it a whirl. :)

      Delete
  10. I have read Dark Visions....and I LOVED IT! The romance is soooo adorable and heart racing! It was awesome! And Pushing The Limits...I have nothing to say except THIS WAS THE BEST BOOK EVER! I am in love with NOAH! *sigh* Ohhh...you'll also love Poison Study! I have read all the series + the spin-off series as well and they are amazing! Hope you enjoy all the books! :D AWESOMESAUCE HAUL THIS WEEK! :D

    My StS post! 

    ~ Maida @ Literary Love Affair

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Maida!! :) I loved your review of Pushing the Limits. ;)

      Delete
  11. Sweet Evil is a really good book!! I personally loved it. Congrats on winning Pushing the Limits, I hear that book is fabulous. I'm a new follower dropping by to say hi :)

    This is what I got this week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the follow! I am dying to meet Kaiden after hearing about him during the YA Crush Tourney. ;) Sounds swoony for sure!

      Delete
  12. Nice book haul! I loved Sweet Evil. Hood you ladies enjoy all the great books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Andrea! After hearing so much about Kaiden, I had to find out for myself! ;)

      Delete
  13. I heard awesome things about Pushing the limits and Sweet Evil I really need to buy a copy of both of these books :). I hope you'll enjoy reading them :p. Happy reading !

    And if you are interested I'm doing an international giveaway on my blog to celebrate my 2 year blogoversary :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marie! I've heard such good things about both so I can't wait to read them!

      Delete
  14. Loved Pushing the Limits, Sweet Evil, and Poison Study!! And Heist Society -- that is such a fun book!
    Hope you enjoy them.


    Extra! Extra! My Weekly Recap

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! :D Thanks, Jen! So many books, so little time. Wherever shall I start?! ;)

      Delete
  15. Sweet Evil was amazeballs!

    Jealous over Pushing the Limits, lol. And yay for Lemony Snicket books!

    Happy reading and awesome haul!


    Jennifer @ Dream Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amazeballs... I love it. I'm so going to start using that! :) Bahaha, I was sooo excited to win copies of both books! I really need to read the rest of the Lemony Snicket books. Loved the first!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...