Monday, October 8, 2012

Top Ten Favorite Covers




Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.  This week our list (brought to you by Becky!) is a rewind to top ten favorite book covers.  I'm glad to get a chance to do this one, because a glorious book cover can mean the difference between picking up a book and never even noticing it.  Here are some favorites!


Becky's Top Pick...
The Darkangel by Meredith Pierce
This cover belongs to a somewhat obscure fantasy novel about a vampire who kidnaps girls to be his wives and slowly sucks away their souls, leaving them as horrible, ugly creatures that he cannot stand the sight of.  One day he accidentally abducts a servant girl instead of a great beauty.  I love the older-style gothic feeling and the muted colors of this cover.  
Favorite_Covers title=
easel.ly

Okay, so Becky is a sweetie & decided to share this week with me. :) Thanks, Becky! So here are my top ten covers! (Though Becky gave me parameters - my picks must already be published and I also need to have read them or other books in their series.) So I have read all of these except Days of Blood & Starlight. :) Also, these weren't necessarily all favorite books, just favorite covers (though I did enjoy them all & would recommend them!)

Randi's Top Pick...is the cover on my version of Jane Eyre (also tied for my favorite book of all time!). It's a very beautiful cover and I think it conveys the Gothic nature of the story!

bookcovers title=
easel.ly

16 comments:

  1. Gorgeous picks! I really love the Sunshine and Shadow and Bone covers a lot! Clockwork Angel is for sure my favorite from that series -- Prince and Princess are okay (Princess is pretty, iffy on Prince), but I love how you can't see much of Will's face. Plus, oooh, that Jane Eyre cover!!

    Thanks for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! The UK version of The Magician King is soooooooo pretty, I love it more than the US release. And Shadow and Bone has such an awesome cover, appeals to the Russianist in me lol xD

    Here's my Top Ten for this week =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shadow and Bone and Smoke and Bone have always drawn me in there is just something about both of those covers that I absolutely adore! And I LOVE that Jane Eyre one absolutely stunning

    Marissa

    here's my my TTT (villains)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great cover for Jane Eyre! I'm sure you've seen it before, but have you seen illustrated version of the text? Really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shadow and Bone is so striking and I can't wait to read it. Shine has a gorgeous cover and is such a powerful book too. I like that you both chose The Thirteenth Tale too. Great topic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I lilke the covers of a few of them!
    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh very nice covers. I like Randi's more! :) My fave is Pure by Jennifer Armentrout. :)

    Here is my TTT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh The Magician King & Shine are my 2 favorite covers from the ones you mentioned.

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE books with pretty covers, it's a big factor when I'm buying them. ^^ Nice choices, all pretty!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always judge the covers - although I sometimes wish I wouldn't do that - and there are some pretty covers there! I especially like Shadow and bone :)

    TTT @thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love The Cover of The Help too!
    Check out my Top Ten Tuesday
    http://adventuresofateenagebookworm.blogspot.ie/2012/10/top-ten-movies-you-didnt-know-were-books.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow you guys are so fancy with your cover collages! I generally try not to judge books by their covers, but it's hard not to do that sometimes, right? These are some beautiful ones. I love The Thirteenth Tale (haven't read that in forever!), and that Jane Eyre cover is pretty fantastic as well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Some great choices! Love the covers for the Laini Taylor books and I think the cover for The Magician King is fabulous as well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. oooh yes I totally agree with the covers for The Magician (+ its sequel) and Shadow & Bone! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mmmm yummy. Pardon me while I sit and soak in the beauty.

    My TTT: http://shelversanon.blogspot.com/2012/10/top-10-tuesday-rewind-top-ten-bookish.html

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...