Mini-post Challenge (1): Top Five Favorite Horror Films
Check out Terror 'Tober Event Page here!
This is our first mini-post challenge. What are your five favorite horror movies and why? Extra points if it's also a book ;). Feel free to link your post below or leave a comment!
Becky's Picks
Let the Right One In: The original, Sweedish version is my favorite. The adaptation is also good, but it loses some of the haunting atmosphere with the language change and the different plot implications. The novel was superb.
28 Days Later: This movie represents what I love best about zombies. The crushing loneliness and the forced introspection of characters about what makes us human.
Bad Seed: I love all "evil-kid" movies. Joshua, the Omen...etc. The ones that seem the most helpless are always the creepiest. I also like how this movie accomplishes its terror without showing explicit violence.
The Descent: The psychological aspect of this movie is what I liked best. Was it in her head or was it real? It also has some gore for the slasher fans and a lot of suspense.
It: I watched this when I was six. That's what happens when your brother is told to watch you while your mom talks on the phone. There is something about this clown that scares me even when he isn't doing anything. I started the book in high school but got too scared to finish. Someday I will defeat it.
Randi's Picks
The Silence of the Lambs: "It puts the lotion on the skin or it gets the hose again!" First watched this in my dark living room at three in the morning when I was 12. Way to go parents. No wonder I still have nightmares as an adult.... Plus, who doesn't love Hannibal Lecter? ;)
The Hills Have Eyes: This film still scares the @!#$ out of me, especially since I have a sneaking suspicion that this scenario is possible (despite what Becky says to the contrary)!
The Amityville Horror: This scares me!!! Possessed house...umm creep-factor. Both the original & the remake scare the bejeepers out of me. I can't choose which version I like better!
Saw: (the whole series) It's so gruesome, but I love the psychological craziness of it. These movies really creep me out because I like to think that I'd sacrifice myself for someone else, but...I hope I never have to find out!
Hocus Pocus: This movie reminds me of childhood! Also, I've had a lifelong crush on Thackeray Binks.
So basically, my favorite horror movies (excepting Hocus Pocus) are the ones that scare the pants off me!
I cannot believe my parents let me watch The Hills Have Eyes!!! That movie was beyond scary.
ReplyDeleteTanya Patrice
Girlxoxo.com
I KNOW! I couldn't believe Randi liked that one, lol. I love horror and it was so bad I had to leave the theater!
ReplyDelete