Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Picture Book Spotlight (4): Creepy Carrots




Goodreads Summary                                                  Jasper Rabbit loves carrots—especially Crackenhopper Field carrots.

He eats them on the way to school.

He eats them going to Little League.

He eats them walking home.

Until the day the carrots start following him...or are they?

Celebrated artist Peter Brown’s stylish illustrations pair perfectly with Aaron Reynold’s text in this hilarious eBook with audio that shows it’s all fun and games…until you get too greedy
Title: Creepy Carrots
Author: Aaron Reynolds
Pages: 40
Audience: Grades K-2
Genre: Spooky
Rating: 5 stars-I'd make sure this book never went carrot-less

 My Thoughts:

The illustrations really make this the perfect, atmospheric read for a halloween storytime.  It is funny disguised as spooky, and the kids will get a kick out of the ending.  I'm a huge fan of Peter Brown's artwork and he does not disappoint here.  The color palette is grayscale and orange.  I'd love to gave a carrot-themed snack and craft to go along with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...