This week our list (brought to you by Randi!) is on the top ten Most Anticipated Books for 2013! It was so hard to narrow this down, especially since I had to include four books that are part of series! Couldn't forget those! :) I also realized that all these books are released between January and June of 2013...Haha. I guess this should be called Randi's top ten most anticipated books for the first HALF of 2013!
Lots of linkage to Goodreads, so feel free to get click-happy.
Randi's Top Ten Most Anticipated Books for 2013:
(in no particular order)
Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices #3) by Cassandra Clare
March 19th, 2013
Okay, this one clearly does not require an explanation. The final book! Team Jem forever.
Requiem (Delirium #3) by Lauren Oliver - March 5th, 2013
Another final book! I can't wait to find out the rest of Lena's story. On pins and needles here!
Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles #2) by Marissa Meyer - February 5th, 2013
Becky and I are both stoked for this one! I can't wait to see what's in store for Cinder and all the new characters we'll meet (plus I read an ARC review, so I'm even MORE anxious)!
Spirit (Elemental #3) by Brigid Kemmerer - May 2013
Okay, so if you've been around the blog...You may know that I absolutely love this series. I don't know how I'm going to make it until May with no new Merrick brothers book. :(
My Life After Now by Jessica Verdi - April 1st, 2013
I wanted to read this book before I saw the cover. Afterwards: I can't wait to get my hands on this book; that cover is gorgeous. YA contemporary - Lucy finds out she is HIV positive. Sounds like a tear-jerker - just my kind of book!
The Wrap-Up List by Steven Arntson - January 8th, 2013
Whoa, basically Grim Reapers come and tell you your time is almost up, so finish up that bucket list? Sounds awesome!
Panic by Sharon M. Draper - March 12th, 2013
Okay this kidnapping story description makes me think of Stolen: A Letter to My Captor by Lucy Christopher, which I loved. Really excited to see Draper's take on the kidnap story!
Revel by Maurissa Guibord - February 12th, 2013
Hubby's from New England (one of my fave places ever), so I love stories set there. This one takes place on an island off the coast of Maine & has Greek mythology! Awesome, right?!
The Beautiful and the Cursed (The Dispossessed #1) by Page Morgan
May 14th, 2013
Gargoyles. The other reason I'm excited: gargoyles. Honestly though, I've never read a story about gargoyles, and this one takes place in Europe and has Gothic elements! SOLD!
Infinite Sky by C.J. Flood - February 14th, 2013
The blurb on Goodreads says it's a "family story about betrayal, loyalty and love" - umm, that sounds fantastic. Plus the premise revolves around a Gypsy family moving in nearby; I've always found Gypsy culture fascinating, so this should be an interesting read!
So which books are YOU most excited for in 2013?
Link us up, we wanna know!
Awesome lists, a few are on mine as well as Fifth Grave, Boundless, and the sequel to Partials.
ReplyDeleteGreat list! Infinite Sky sounds very interesting, am going to have to check that one out ;)
ReplyDeleteThese are the 10 books I'm looking forward to in 2013 =)
You have some cool picks on here that I haven't seen before. The Wrap-up List sounds so different. Love the cover for Infinite Sky.
ReplyDeleteMy TTT
There's several here that I haven't heard of and just added to my (ever growing) to-buy list. :) Thanks for that! Lol...
ReplyDeleteScarlet is SO good. It's different from Cinder, but it's just as brilliantly done. I think Marissa Meyer is a genius.
ReplyDeleteAlso, I had not heard of Revel and Infinite Sky - but both are now on my TBR.