Title: Spark (Elemental Series #2)
Author: Brigid KemmererPublisher: K-Teen
Publication Date: August 28th, 2012
Page Count: 345 (not long enough!!!)
Genre: paranormal fantasy (elementals)/romance
Audience: young adult
Source: bought & also received a copy from the author
Rating: 4.5 I would take a crazy roadtrip with this book and totally hit on all the Merrick brothers :)

Goodreads Summary:
Gabriel Merrick plays with fire. Literally.
Sometimes he can even control it. And sometimes he can’t. Like the fire that killed his parents.
Gabriel has always had his brothers to rely on, especially his twin, Nick. But when an arsonist starts wreaking havoc on their town, all the signs point to Gabriel. Only he’s not doing it.
More than Gabriel’s pride is at stake -- this could cost him his family, maybe his life. And no one seems to hear him. Except a shy sophomore named Layne, a brainiac who dresses in turtlenecks and jeans and keeps him totally off balance. Layne understands family problems, and she understands secrets. She has a few of her own.
Gabriel can’t let her guess about his brothers, about his abilities, about the danger that’s right at his heels. But there are some risks he can’t help taking.
The fuse is lit…
You can read my review of Storm (the first book in the Elemental series) here
The awesome thing about this series is that I'm not even a huge paranormal romance fan. But this series blows my mind. The characters are well developed, the plot is killer, and despite being paranormal fantasy, it's so realistic! The characters act like teenagers. I apologize because I sometimes find it hard to review a book I loved so much. Seriously, this is a favorite series. And if, like me, you're not even a fan of YA paranormal fantasy romance, try this one out because I was incredibly pleasantly surprised (pleasant is too gentle a word)...ecstatically surprised.
I cannot wait for book 3, Spirit, to come out in May! SO glad we don't have to wait a year between each book! Also, besides being an awesome writer, Brigid Kemmerer is a serious sweetheart. She sent me a signed copy of Spark! HOW AWESOME IS THAT?! Superawesome. Buy her books. All of them. And then buy them for your friends.
ok Randi I own book one, and guess I should start reading it..since you loved book two so much, that way I can get excited about book three with you!
ReplyDeleteYES! Read it, read it! ;) I was pleasantly surprised by how much I fell in love with this series, though I shouldn't have been! The characters are great and it puts a really unique spin on the paranormal genre.
Delete