This week our list (brought to you by Randi!) is on Books and Authors I'm Most Thankful for!
Randi's Top Ten Books/Authors I'm Most Thankful For:
(in no particular order)
You may recognize a few of my favorites here, so sorry if you've seen them around here before. ;)
Jane Eyre One of my favorite books of all time. I didn't read this until my sophomore year of college, but it made me fall in love with stories all over again.
The Fault in Our Stars And not because i'm just another fan girl! Well...not totally for that reason. ;) TFiOS was one of the first YA contemps I read this year, and I'm so thankful for that because it played a huge part in me falling for the genre and finding sooo many new favorites!
The Hobbit I read this book my freshman year of high school during a rough time in my life (my parents' divorce), and it let me escape into another world. I'm so thankful for that!
Stephen King An author who never fails to scare the pants off me! I read my first King book in 7th grade. I read On Writing, his memoir/writing guide, and am really thankful he's overcome his obstacles in life to keep writing amazing and horrifying books!
J.K. Rowling Oh, Harry Potter. HP let me escape so often in my adolescence. I'm so thankful for that! And The Casual Vacancy blew my mind. (Mini-review coming soon!)
Lauren Oliver I love L.O.'s books! I've read all of them (except for The Spindlers which I need to get my hands on) and loved them all. This talented writer totally has my admiration & I will always read what she writes, in any genre. :)
James Rollins An author I share with my husband! This is one of those authors whose books we have to read & then talk about. The characters have totally come to life for us. We need to get back to those (I'm a book behind!).
Dean Koontz One of the authors whose books got me through adolescence! And one of the first authors whose work my now-husband and I discovered we both loved. Kind of a bonding thing. :)
Laura Ingalls Wilder I have such fond memories of reading the Little House books when I was a kid, and of my mom getting me the Little House cookbook. I remember making buckwheat pancakes with my mom one day. :) Such good times!
Louisa May Alcott This woman is my greatest heroine. Not only did she write Little Women (tied with Jane Eyre for my #1 fave of all-time spot), but she also wrote Hospital Sketches, her vignettes from her time as a Civil War nurse. I am so thankful that she asserted her independence in a time when it really wasn't acceptable to become a writer & to help others. Such an awesome woman!
So which books/authors are YOU most thankful for?
Link us up, we wanna know!
I'm thankful for these authors and books, too.
ReplyDeleteHere's my Ten Ten Books I'm Thankful For. Stop by and sign up to win a $25 Amazon gift card in my Gratitude Giveaway.
Great list! I <3 the Hobbit, I'm so excited for the movie next month xD
ReplyDeleteHere's my TTT this week =)
So agreed with your reasons for Louisa May Alcott, when you think about how much those ladies changed the fate of literature it really is something to be thankful for :)
ReplyDeletealonetogetherfactfiction.blogspot.com
Great list! I thought about adding Dean Koontz, but I think I can trace that love back to Christopher Pike, so I added him instead. :)
ReplyDeleteThe Hobbit is great, I cannot wait for the movie :D
ReplyDeleteAnd Harry Potter seems to be everybody's pick ^^
My TTT
J.K Rowling & Stephen King, yeah! And I have a book from James Rollins on the shelves, better pick it up soon :) I adore Lauren Oliver's Liesl & Po.
ReplyDeleteMel@thedailyprophecy.
Louisa May Alcott is one of my heroines too.
ReplyDelete