Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.
This week our list (brought to you by Randi) is Top Ten 2013 Debuts I'm Looking Forward To.
Randi's Picks
Being Henry David by Cal Armistead. I just visited Henry David Thoreau's Walden Pond (and hiked all the way around it), so though I have yet to read any of Thoreau, I'm even more interested in reading this book now. I love novels that revolve around literary references. (Update since I wrote this post: thanks to Netgalley, I was able to read this one already! Review to come later.)
The Rules for Disappearing by Ashley Elston. I think a YA book about the Witness Protection Program sounds pretty interesting!
How My Summer Went up in Flames by Jennifer Salvato Doktorski. Morgan Matson's Amy & Roger's Epic Detour is one of my faves, so obvs I'd need to pick up a YA roadtrip book! Something about roadtrips is just...fun.
The Death of Bees by Lisa O'Donnell. I recently saw this title on Goodreads and between the premise and that cover, I am intrigued. Sounds like a little something different!
After Iris by Natasha Farrant. (No cover yet.) I'm a middle-grade fiction fan, and this sounds like a heartfelt novel that I'd really enjoy.
Randi's Picks
SO excited for 2013 books! It seems like the beginning of the year is this explosion of book loveliness. And I read a number of awesome debuts in 2012 (including Something Like Normal by Trish Doller, My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick, and Cinder by Marissa Meyer, to name a few favorites!), so naturally I can't wait to see what 2013 brings. Here are my top 10 anxious-to-get-my-hands-on debuts for 2013.
Three debuts I'm stoked to read made my Most Anticipated Books of 2013 list, so you can see those there rather than me repeating books. ;)
Three debuts I'm stoked to read made my Most Anticipated Books of 2013 list, so you can see those there rather than me repeating books. ;)
Being Henry David by Cal Armistead. I just visited Henry David Thoreau's Walden Pond (and hiked all the way around it), so though I have yet to read any of Thoreau, I'm even more interested in reading this book now. I love novels that revolve around literary references. (Update since I wrote this post: thanks to Netgalley, I was able to read this one already! Review to come later.)
The Rules for Disappearing by Ashley Elston. I think a YA book about the Witness Protection Program sounds pretty interesting!
How My Summer Went up in Flames by Jennifer Salvato Doktorski. Morgan Matson's Amy & Roger's Epic Detour is one of my faves, so obvs I'd need to pick up a YA roadtrip book! Something about roadtrips is just...fun.
The Death of Bees by Lisa O'Donnell. I recently saw this title on Goodreads and between the premise and that cover, I am intrigued. Sounds like a little something different!
After Iris by Natasha Farrant. (No cover yet.) I'm a middle-grade fiction fan, and this sounds like a heartfelt novel that I'd really enjoy.
Uses for Boys Erica Lorraine Scheidt. I love that cover. And after reading Asheley's brilliant review over @Into the Hall of Books, how could I not be anxious to get my hands on a copy?!
The Nightmare Affair by Mindee Arnett. I'm pretty sure I've talked about this book before. Unique premise, gorgeous cover, and intriguing title means I'm in!
If You Find Me by Emily Murdoch. The premise of a shadowy past pulls me right in. :)
Magic Marks the Spot by Caroline Carlson. (No cover yet.) A middle-grade tale about a girl who wants to be a pirate and her little friend the gargoyle? Tell me that doesn't sound like a book you'd want to curl up with!
Leap of Faith by Jamie Blair. (No cover yet.) A kidnapped newborn & her runaway older sister, the kidnapper. The premise makes me think this book will reduce me to tears. Precisely the kind of book that draws me in!

I'm SO excited about The Rules for Disappearing. Farmboys, suspense and fake identities sounds too good to pass up.
ReplyDeleteI haven't heard of Death of Bees so I'm adding that to my tbr asap.
Our TTT
Right! Such an awesome-sounding crop of debuts coming up. :) Glad I could add to your tbr! ;)
DeleteThere's farm boys in The Rules for Disappearing! That book just went on my list. I'm also looking forward to Uses for Boys, and I hadn't heard of Being Henry David, but feel I should check it out.
ReplyDeleteDefinitely check out Being Henry David! Especially if you love literary references. :)
DeleteI'm so excited about Uses For Boys!! It is out today, and I really should get my hands on it as soon as possible!!
ReplyDeleteAwesome blog. Following.
Here's my top ten list:
http://wimpyteengirl.blogspot.co.il/2013/01/top-ten-tuesday-1.html
Same!! I definitely need a bookstore binge pronto! Thanks, Sapir! :)
DeleteGreat selection, The Nightmare Affair looks great!
ReplyDeleteHappy reading!
My TTT
I can't wait for The Nightmare Affair ~ the premise sounds so original!
DeleteThe cover for The Death of Bees is gorgeous! I know nothing about it, haha, but that cover is just to die for. These seem like some great reads for 2013!
ReplyDeleteYou can find my TTT list over at Bookwanderer!
Right! I totally judge books by their covers, but don't we all? ;)
DeleteGreat list! Can't wait for Rules for Disappearing, too :) *new follower* check out my TTT at www.ReadingYA.com
ReplyDeleteThanks, Amie! :D
DeleteI loved How My Summer Went Up in Flames; The Rules for Disappearing is also on my TTT list! :) My TTT list: http://aliceinreaderland.wordpress.com/2013/01/14/debuts/
ReplyDeleteAlice @ Alice in Readerland
Gah! So jealous you've read How My Summer Went Up in Flames! ;) Glad to hear that you liked it; I love reading debuts but at the same time, it's always a bit of a gamble, isn't it?
DeleteI think I forgot to add it to my list this week, but How My Summer Went Up in Flames sounds like such a cute read! :)
ReplyDeleteDoesn't it!? :D And I just love the cover!
DeleteFun choices and some beautiful covers! :D I'm a new follower! Here is my TTT
ReplyDeleteThanks, Anya!! :)
DeleteIt seems like everyone is picking RULES, and I'm so glad. It sounds like fun!
ReplyDeleteMy TTT: http://shelversanon.blogspot.com/2013/01/top-10-tuesday-most-wanted-2013-debuts.html
I have been seeing it on everyone's stacking the shelves posts recently and, not gonna lie, kinda jealous. ;) LOL
DeleteHow My Summer Went Up in Flames is on my TBR, and Uses for Boys is on my list too! :DGreat list! Happy rEading! :)
ReplyDeleteTop 10 Debuts I'm Looking Forward to in 2013
Waiting on Wednesday
New Meme: Cover Love Mondays
Yay!! I get more excited about books when I know other people share my excitement! :)
DeleteBeing Henry David sounds like a great read. So many terrific sounding debuts coming out this year.
ReplyDeleteThere are indeed! I'm hoping I can get to even a fraction of them! And definitely check out Being Henry David!
DeleteAwesome list! The tops on my list include BEING HENRY DAVID by Cal Amistead, DEAR LIFE, YOU SUCK by Scott Blagden, and DR. BIRD’S ADVICE FOR SAD POETS by Evan Roskos.
ReplyDeleteI hope you like Being Henry David! I loved the literary references & the settings are written beautifully.
Delete