Here is what I read this week (four of the six were actually on my original read-a-thon list):
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
Three reviews are already live on the blog:
Pilgrims Don't Wear Pink by Stephanie Kate Strohm read review here
The Jane Austen Book Club by Karen Joy Fowler read review here
This is Not a Test by Courtney Summers read review here
The other three books will be reviewed in the coming days here on Cardigans, Coffee and Bookmarks, so stay tuned! Here is the schedule for those posts:
My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick - the review is now live! read review here
Rot and Ruin by Jonathan Maberry will be featured this Thursday in a new meme created by my lovely co-blogger, Becky, and myself called "Twice Baked Thursday" where we do a quasi-joint review but "talk back" to the main reviewers' response. Come back and check it out! :)
Looking for Alaska by John Green will be featured in next Thursday's Twice Baked Thursday meme (8/2)
That's a wrap! I can't wait for the next read-a-thon!





Congrats on a successful read-a-thon, and especially on getting the reviews live so quickly: that's always hard to do, along with keeping the focus on reading. Good reading to you!
ReplyDeleteThanks! I always feel like I need to hurry and write my thoughts down as soon as I finish reading, otherwise they just fly away! Haha. Happy reading. :)
DeleteIt looks like you had a terrific week reading for this readathon. Happy reading! Thanks for stopping by!
ReplyDeleteI did! :) When I saw the read-a-thon was last week, it was PERFECT timing. I had very little to do last week so things worked out great! Happy reading!
DeleteWow, you read some great books :) Rot & Ruin is one of my favs, so I hope you enjoyed it :)
ReplyDeleteI did enjoy it! The book totally sucked me in! It was definitely a great pick for the read-a-thon, especially for its unputdownableness. Haha. :)
DeleteI've heard great things about This is not a test.
ReplyDeleteThis is Not a Test is a new favorite! Definitely check it out! :)
DeleteWow, I'm bowled over! You did great! I've been wanting to read Rot & Ruin and I have Looking for Alaska in my home library.
ReplyDeleteThank you for joining me and I hope you will be with us again for FrightFall in October.
Thanks, Michelle! :) It was a great time, and I plan to be back for FrightFall! Putting it on the blog calendar. Rot & Ruin and Looking for Alaska are both great reads! I love the world of Rot & Ruin, and John Green is brilliant.
DeleteCongratulations on completing the Read-a-Thon. I need to finish reading The Jane Austen Book Club. I started it several years ago and set it aside. I've not heard of the rest of your books, but that's what Read-a-Thons are good for -- introducing us to new books. See you in the Fall if not before!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Elsi! I knew I wanted to read The Jane Austen Book Club, but I was pleasantly surprised by how much I really liked it. After reading so many young adult books (which I LOVE), it was a refreshing change! So glad this read-a-thon gave me the chance to meet so many fellow book lovers & bloggers! :)
DeleteWow, six books! That's quite an amazing accomplishment! Rot & Ruin and This Is Not A Test are two that I'm pining for. Looks like you had an awesome week!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Darlene! I went to write up my post and thought "six? That can't be right...How did that happen?" Haha. :) I was very surprised but happy! It gave me time to just focus on reading; it was great! Oh you will LOVE Rot & Ruin and This is Not a Test!
DeleteWow, a lot of books in 6 weeks. The only one of these I've read is Looking for Alaska. Love the idea of your Twice Baked Thursday!
ReplyDeleteOh wow, I meant a lot of books in one week. (6 of them!). Where was my head when I wrote that? Sorry!
DeleteHehe, I knew what you meant! ;) Definitely stop back by on Thursdays for our Twice Baked feature! We're hoping others will eventually join in with their own posts. :) And we're really excited for our first post to finally go live!! Thanks for stopping by, Erika! :)
DeleteCongrats! You did great!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Mel! I can't wait for FrightFall. :)
DeleteOooh, six books is fantastic! And I'm looking forward to reading those zombie books eventually!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Amber! I surprised myself by reading 6, haha. :) I loved both Rot & Ruin and This is Not a Test, but This is Not a Test blew me away completely! It's a new favorite and will definitely be on my top reads of the year list!
DeleteSix books, that fantastic. Great job and congratulations.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Monique!! :)
Delete