At midnight tonight, I (Randi) will start participating in the High-Summer Read-A-Thon, hosted by
Seasons of Reading! I'm especially excited because although I've seen read-a-thon posts all over the blogosphere, I've never gotten a chance to actually participate - so this will be my very first read-a-thon! Though it lasts all week, I'll probably do most of my reading between Tuesday night and Saturday, as I have a final project to work on for my summer class. Anyway, on to what I'm hoping to read (hopefully some YA of course, nonfiction, and adult fiction), though I'm sure this will change according to my moods!
Books to finish:
Books to read AND finish: ;)
Oooh, some great books there! I read WALK TWO MOONS as a teen but I don't remember much about it now, oops. I love THE JANE AUSTEN BOOK CLUB - and the film's even better, if you get chance to see it - and I'm dying to get my hands on a copy of DAUGHTER OF SMOKE AND BONE!
ReplyDeleteHappy reading this week, and good luck! Do stop by and say hello if you need a break sometime... :)
Ellie @ Musings of a Bookshop Girl
http://musingsofabookshopgirl.blogspot.co.uk/
Hi Ellie! I remember reading Walk Two Moons in my teen years as well, but I don't remember it now, either! Had a friend give me a whole bag of middle grade books a couple years ago and when I FINALLY unpacked it, this was in there. :) Maybe I'll read The Jane Austen Book Club next! I think I'm going to need something a little less creepy after Rot & Ruin and all the zoms!
DeleteGood luck to you as well! I hope you get time to read this week; it sounds like you're going to be very busy! :)
Great list Randi! I am dying to read Guilt and Daughter of Smoke and Bone.
ReplyDeleteI didn't get to read that much during my lunch break, but I'm still confident I can read more tonight! (unless I fall asleep too early! haha!)
Thanks, Kimberly! What is Guilt? Now I'm intrigued. :) Go Go Go! ;)
DeleteDaughter of Smoke and Bone was definitely an interesting read and Pride & Prejudice is one of my favorite books. Good luck w/your reading. Hope you enjoy them all!
ReplyDeleteDaughter of Smoke and Bone has been on my shelf, unread, for much longer than I'm willing to admit! I love the cover, I really don't know why I haven't picked it up yet! I think this is going to be my third time trying P&P - really hoping I can finish it this time. Good luck to you too, Holly! :)
DeleteI am honored that my read-a-thon is your first! I hope it's a great experience for you. You have a great list there. I am also reading Abraham Lincoln: VH. It's a great books so far. Happy reading to you!
ReplyDeleteThe Giveaway/prize page is posted over at the blog, if you'd like to check it out.
I am very happy to have found your read-a-thon at the perfect time! Thank you so much for hosting! So far, so good. Just finished ROT AND RUIN. It was a great book to kick off a week of reading! I look forward to Abe, though I think I need something a little lighter first after all those zombies. Happy reading to you! :)
Delete