Sunday, September 15, 2013

Super 6 Book to Movie Adaptations

SuperSix5 title=
It, by Stephen King.  Ok, so the ending is lame, but this movie terrified me my entire childhood and for that I shall always treasure it.

Never Let Me Go, by Kazu Ishiguro.  I saw this movie before I read the book, and despite knowing there are some iffy plot assumptions, It is one of my top ten favorite books and movies.  The melancholy beauty is just striking.

The Road by Cormac Mcarthy.  Finally a realistic take on what would happen in an apocalyptic situation.  There is no sugar coating in this story for the book or the movie, yet it still manages to be incredibly touching.  Vigo was definitely the right choice.

Lord of The Rings, by J.R.R Tolkien.  I like The Fellowship of the Rings the best.  I think Jackson really captured the story in a breathtaking way while still remaining true to the text.  I can't say the same about his adaptation of the Hobbit.

The Perks of Being a Wallflower, by Stephen Chbosky.  The book was incredible, with clear parallels to Catcher in the Rye.  I think the movie adaptation was exceptionally well cast.

Jane Eyre, by Charlotte Bronte.  I really only like the adaptation pictured above.  I should probably own it.  I have not yet read the book (gasp!) I'm saving it because I loved this movie version so much I can't bear to have one replace the other.  I also think I will love the book and so I want to read it at the perfect time.

1 comment:

  1. Lord of the Rings and Jane Eyre are really good! Great list!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...