Monday, September 16, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Books on our Fall TBR List!




Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.  

This week our list (brought to you by Randi!) is Top Ten Books on Our Fall TBR List! This was a toughie. I actually have a "fall TBR" that's 80+ books long. And that doesn't even count the majority of the fall releases I'm clamoring for!

Click photos for a link to the book's Goodreads page.

Randi's Top 10 Fall TBR Books - not in order because I'm too lazy for that


1. Counting by 7s by Holly Goldberg Sloan. This middle grade novel featuring an "extraordinarily odd, but extraordinarily endearing, girl" as the protagonist sounds delightful. I can't wait to do a joint review of this book with Becky! - Release date: August 29th
2. Not a Drop to Drink by Mindy McGinnis. I've heard nothing but awesomeness about this post-apocalyptic YA novel. (And I already pre-ordered it.) - Release date: September 24th
3. Just One Year by Gayle Forman. This book has been on my TBR since January...right after I finished Just One Day. I need this book in my life. (Also already pre-ordered!) Release date: October 10th
4. Bellman and Black by Diane Setterfield. Honestly, it doesn't really matter what this book is about (adult gothic fiction) because I adored Setterfield's The Thirteenth Tale, which earned her a spot on my list of auto-buy authors. Release date: November 5th
5. Where the Stars Still Shine by Trish Doller. Another auto-buy author and another book I've already pre-ordered. I'll read anything Trish Doller writes! Can't wait for this one. Release date: September 24th


6. Magic Marks the Spot (Book 1 in The Very Nearly Honorable League of Pirates series) by Caroline Carlson. Pirates + middle grade + female protagonist = sounds like a promising debut! Release date: September 10th
7. Crash into You (Pushing the Limits #3) by Katie McGarry. And yet another auto-buy author (are you seeing a trend here?). Isaiah is awesome (hello, tattoos!) and I can't wait to get his story. Release date: November 26th
8. A Feast for Crows (A Song of Fire and Ice #4) by George R.R. Martin. I binge-read the first three books in August and could not put them down. However, after that, my brain needed a break because these books give me ALL THE FEELS and they are immense. I have a lot going on with student teaching, so I took a little break. But I'm looking forward to buying the to-be-released paperback version of book 5 this fall & I will probably read 4 & 5 back to back once that happens. Also, it's pretty awesome that my cooperating teacher for student teaching is an avid Song of Fire and Ice fan as well! :) Release date: a long time ago!
9. Songs of Willow Frost by Jamie Ford. What an amazing writer! I fell head over heels for Ford's writing style with Hotel at the Corner of Bitter and Sweet earlier this year. Count me a huge fan! Another auto-buy author & a pre-order. Release date: September 10th
10.  Rose Under Fire by Elizabeth Wein. My #1 looking-forward-to-read of fall 2013. It's pre-ordered and I will probably be jumping around my living room with happiness when this book arrives. Code Name Verity was just...I don't even have words. Release date: September 10th

What's on YOUR fall TBR list? 
Leave us a link & we'll be sure to visit!

20 comments:

  1. Counting by 7's looks good and I really need to read A Feast Of Crows !

    Chekc out my TTT : http://adventuresofateenagebookworm.blogspot.ie/2013/09/top-ten-tuesday-books-on-my-fall-tbr.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have yet to read Just One Day though a close friend insists that I do sooner than later. I love George RR Martin

    My Friends Are Fiction's TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, definitely do it! It's one of those books that I love pushing on people. ;)

      Delete
  3. This is such an awesome list. I just added NOT A DROP TO DRINK to my TBR list because it seems you have excellent taste (we share many of the same books, haha)! I haven't read any of Trish Doller's books, but I own SOMETHING LIKE NORMAL, so I am going to get to that one next.
    I absolutely loved ROSE UNDER FIRE. I even liked it more than CNV (although I know people are split in opinion). I could not put it down. We will have to chat when you finish that one and when we both finish JUST ONE YEAR!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ricki! Yay for sharing books! I never make it past a Top Ten Tuesday without adding a least a couple of new books to my TBR list. I loved Rose Under Fire, but not quite as much as Code Name Verity. Of course it made me cry, though. And I think the way it's written makes it so much more poignant than other Holocaust/concentration camp novels I've read. It really made me think.

      Delete
  4. I really enjoyed Hotel on th Corner of Bitter and Sweet and didn't realize Jamie Ford had a new book coming out. I'll have to add it to my list! I've also been meaning to read The Thirteenth Tale for the longest time. Glad to hear you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lindsay, I hope you get a chance to pick up Songs of Willow Frost soon! If it's anything like Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet, I will love it. I got my copy in the mail last week so I'm just waiting to curl up with it.

      Delete
  5. Bellman & Black is also on my list this week *high fives* Totally looking forward to that title...Hope you enjoy A Feast of Crows, I've been meaning to re-read that title xD

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I haven't seen Bellman & Black around too much, so I hope as it gets closer to release date that more people will become interested in it. She's one of those authors that I could read all day!

      Delete
  6. Ahhh I forgot about Not a Drop to Drink! These lists today are seriously adding to my TBR list! So many good books coming out these next few months! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, I realized I forgot so many good books while I was browsing other TTT posts! And I definitely added a couple to my TBR as well. Thanks for stopping by, Jen!

      Delete
  7. Oh, such good choices! I have Bellman & Black lined up as well -- it sounds terrific! Oooh, A Feast for Crows! If you read 4 & 5 back-to-back, you should be in good shape. (#4 kind of drove me crazy, but #5 brought the story lines all back together again. The man is a master of detail!) Enjoy!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Book three nearly killed me! Based on your recommendation, I think I'll hold off on book 4 until I have book 5 in my hands, just to be safe. ;) I need more Jon Snow and Arya Stark in my life!

      Delete
  8. I'm definitely excited for Where the Stars Still Shine - the more early reviews I read, the more interesting it sounds! If it goes well enough, Trish Doller might also get on my auto-check-out-list (not auto-buy because I certainly don't have enough money to buy books from all the authors I want, at least not right away! :D)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been purposely avoiding reading full reviews for Where the Stars Still Shine because I want to go in knowing as little as possible hehe. Though from what I've seen, it definitely seems well-liked by the book blogging community, which gets me even more pumped to have it in my hands! My husband's going to kill me one of these days when my books complete the task of taking over the living room. :)

      Delete
  9. Counting by 7's and Magic Marks the Spot sound like they will be fantastic reads :). The covers for both of them are so fantastic!I've been told that I have to read The Game of Thrones books, but I have to admit that I'm intimidated by the size of the books. Happy Reading and Thank You for stopping by my blog!

    Cheers,
    Savindi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love MG covers - they're so colorful! And definitely read Game of Thrones as soon as you can! I took book one on my summer camping trip and could not put it down; it completely sucks you in. Maybe read it when you have time to be glued to the book. ;)

      Delete
  10. I seriously want to read Where the Stars Still Shine SOON.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Where the Stars Still Shine was sooooo gooood. I am pretty sure you are going to love that one.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...