A summary in one sentence: Teenage criminals go to school to rule the world and one boy tries to overthrow his mastermind father but gets more than he bargained for.
This book was a great read alike for high-tension supspense books like Lockdown or The Maze Runner with a hint of Pirate Cinema. It has the same limited setting, sense of being trapped, and fight-to-the-death scenario.
I had mixed feelings about the actual quality of the writing, but it was a very engrossing story and I had a hard time putting it down. The characters could have been more complex, especially Joi, and the believability struggled in part because of the overly-simplified thought process and strange censoring of the grittiness that the setting and characters demanded. I would probably read a sequel, however, because of the likable main character and the psychological twist of Peter Pan.
I'd friend this book on Facebook because it is just so outrageous I can't say no. 3 stars

No comments:
Post a Comment