Ok, so actually it's our blog that's back and not the Backstreet Boys, tragically. They did release a new album last month but that's besides the point. I saw them perform on America's Got Talent a couple weeks back...It took me back to 1998... ;) I have no doubt that you missed us, who on earth else can you get snarky, dissatisfied book reviews from on the internet? So here are our excuses for our wicked long an unannounced absences.
I got a job. Is it the best job ever? Yes, it probably is so feel free to be jealous. I get to work in the teen room of a fabulous library with hilarious and innovative coworkers doing crafts, creating displays, finding people books and answering reference questions. I actually just attended an 80s murder mystery dinner at which I was supposed to play a diva vampire, but ended up switching to a male alligator dundee. My outfit was very gender confused but I had so much fun. I especially liked that my character was a complete jerk, it was a good fit haha! But anyway, it has taken me a while to adjust to moving to a new city and working so many hours a day while still walking my dog, microwaving my dinners and fitting in reading. I really do not know how adults have managed this my whole life.
-Becky
Well, I'll have to disagree with Becky on having the best job ever (pretty sure *I* do!), though technically my "job" isn't really a job. Why? Because I'm student teaching! Mediocre list of reasons why I've been so absent on the blogosphere - things happened back in the spring & I had to deal with some personal stuff. But that's all good now! Then summer came and I went back to work as a seasonal employee at the factory where I met my husband six years ago. Which meant waking up at 3 AM every day and being exhausted by 7 PM every evening; I do NOT miss those hours! That's really my list of reasons. But I've missed Becky & blogging & talking books! This is going to be a busy semester, but I may as well get used to juggling multiple things while teaching, so let's call this a practice run to prepare me for real life as a teacher. Anyway, I spend my weekdays with 8th graders and a wonderful cooperating teacher; I couldn't be happier. I am right where I need to be! So here's to reading and sharing a love of books. (I've already begun collecting book recommendations from my students & hope to start reading them and likely reviewing them here soon!) I guess that's all for now, folks. Glad to be back and we hope you stop by to chat books with us soon!
-Randi
No comments:
Post a Comment