Well the Big Game's On Read-a-Thon is over, and overall I failed spectacularly on my reading goals! My first goal 1 was to finish
A Long Way Gone: Memoirs of a Boy Soldier, which I started awhile ago. I managed to read about 60 pages before my Superbowl Party guests showed up. I've realized this is not a book I can read in large chunks; it is just so intense and difficult to read due to the graphic and violent (and true!) content. I also read student papers, which is always fun and rewarding!
Needless to say, I didn't even touch The Snow Child or The Diviners, but there's always another day! I had fun reading posts from the other participants and reading lots of tweets. :) Read-a-Thons are fun!!
Also, while you're here check out our 100th Follower Celebration Giveaway! You can enter to win one of Becky or my favorite books! :)


No comments:
Post a Comment