Wednesday, August 29, 2012

What's Next (7): Becky





What's Next is a weekly feature started by Hafsah at IceyBooks. Basically, we need your help deciding what to read next! So check out the books below & vote on what YOU think should be our next read!

I have to eventually face the fact that I will run out of John Green books to read. When that sad day occurs, two books from now, I need to be ready with a stockpile of contemporary realism that is up to par.  Here are some choices.  If you have any other suggestions not listed you think could fill this void, please share!





Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist

High school student Nick O'Leary, member of a rock band, meets college-bound Norah Silverberg and asks her to be his girlfriend for five minutes in order to avoid his ex-sweetheart.








Me and Earl and the Dying Girl

Seventeen-year-old Greg has managed to become part of every social group at his Pittsburgh high school without having any friends, but his life changes when his mother forces him to befriend Rachel, a girl he once knew in Hebrew school who has leukemia.













Paper Covers Rock


In 1982 Buncombe County, North Carolina, sixteen-year-old Alex Stromm writes of the aftermath of the accidental drowning of a friend, as his English teacher reaches out to him while he and a fellow boarding school student try to cover things up.

12 comments:

  1. Here are some of my favorite angsty boy reads:
    Ned Vizzini- It's kind of a funny story.
    Stork, Francisco X. - Marcelo in the real world
    Giles, Gail - Right behind you
    Avasthi, Swati- Split
    John Barnes - Tales of the Madman Underground Martin, C.K. Kelly-The Lighter side of life and death
    Scott, Mindi- Freefall

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson
    My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick
    Flat-Out Love by Jessica Park
    The Mockingbirds by Daisy Whitney
    Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver
    Graffiti Moon by Cath Crowley
    Words in the Dust by Trent Reedy
    Shine by Lauren Myracle
    :)

    I vote for Paper Covers Rock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would vote for Nick and Norah, and a suggestion I would give would Amy and Roger's Epic Detour I read that one not too long ago and really enjoyed it.

    Kristin @ Young Adult Book Haven

    ReplyDelete
  4. I vote for Me and Earl and the Dying Girl. Haven't read it, but heard it's good.

    Some of my fav YA contemporary are: Geek Girl by Cindy C Bennett, Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson, Graffiti Moon by Cath Crowley, What I Didn't Say by Keary Taylor, Girl at Sea by Maureen Johnson, etc.

    My What’s Next?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I vote for Nick and Norah...

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever
    http://booksliveforever.com/?p=3721

    ReplyDelete
  6. I vote for Paper Covers Rock.

    Here's my What's Next? post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I vote for Me and Earl and the Dying Girl. I can't think of any suggestions, sorry.

    -Brittan

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would pick Me and Earl and the Dying Girl, just based on how cool that cover is.

    Here's my What's Next picks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I vote for Me and Earl and the Dying Girl. I don't have any suggestions though. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't think of any suggestions for you off the top of my stuffy head (thank you allergies) but, I vote for Paper Covers Rock! :)

    Allison @ Good Books and Good Wine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nick and Norah is my favorite out of these three!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...