Friday, August 3, 2012

Summer Wrap-Up Read-a-Thon Plans

We're participating in the Summer Wrap-Up Read-a-Thon sponsored by Jude @In Between Reading and Writing and Jennifer @Some Like It Paranormal! This Read-a-Thon lasts from the 4th to the 12th. Join in! And let us know what you're reading! We'll post periodical updates throughout the week, participate in challenges, and all of the books we manage to read will be featured in future reviews or Twice Baked Thursday reviews (check here to learn more about our Twice Baked Thursday meme & to participate!)

Becky's planning to read (all covers link to Goodreads): 



And Randi would like to read (I know I definitely won't get to all of these! Haha. Better for me though if I have a variety of genres to choose from!) :)


I can't wait to read Becky's review of The Fault in Our Stars! It's one of my favorites!
Stop by & see how we're doing. And leave us a link to your read-a-thon post.
Happy reading!

24 comments:

  1. Some great book choices guys! I absolutely adored Graffiti Moon and Jellicoe Road so hope you do too! Good luck with the read-athon! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jasprit! Good luck to you as well & happy reading. :)

      Delete
  2. A Game of Thrones is an amazing book but it takes alot of time. I hope you both manage to read as much as possible. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Veronica! My husband bought them all on my nook, then started reading & said he'd rather watch the show since they seemed so similar. xD I've been meaning to read them for ages! Happy reading. :)

      Delete
  3. I haven't read any of those ones yet, but many of them are on my TBR list! Hope you both have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fault In Our Stars is a good one! Good luck! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO MANY are on my TBR. The Monstrumologist has been patiently waiting to be read for a while now. And A Game of Thrones in on my pile of possibilities for the month. It's soooo long though, with so many sequels, that I'm afraid it will suck up all my time! I hope you enjoy your books, happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm afraid of the same with Game of Thrones because mine are all in one nook book O.o So it's...over 3000 pages or something crazy! Happy reading. :)

      Delete
  6. I'm not ready to read The Fault In Our Stars yet, I don't want to cry ^^ lol, I must mentally prepare myself first.

    Hope you guys get to read them all! Happy Reading :D!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jude! :) (I loooved The Fault in Our Stars! Definitely one of those books where my husband looks over at me sobbing and goes "OMG what's the matter?!" Me: "IT'S JUST SO SAD!!!!!!!!" *massivesniffle*)

      Delete
  7. Oh, Thirteen Reasons Why is amazing! I had to read it in one sitting - I didn't even get up when I poured my hot chocolate all over my blanket. Just left it there because I HAD to know the end of the book!
    Here's ,my goal list:
    http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/9266810-ten-things-we-did

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now THAT sounds like a good read! Haha. :) Looking forward to getting to it, I've been meaning to read it for ages!

      *totters off to check out the list!*

      Delete
  8. Of all those, I've only read Jellicoe Road. I have plans to read some of your other picks though! I'm determined that this is the year that I finally pick up some John Green and Jay Asher. Good luck!

    New follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DEFINITELY read John Green! :) I loved the Fault in Our Stars and Becky & I both really liked Looking for Alaska (our review posted on Thursday if you haven't seen it!). And Becky posted her review of Thirteen Reasons Why last week I think. :) Thanks, Ems! Following you back! Happy reading & good luck!

      Delete
  9. I LOVED Graffiti Moon! The Fault In Our Stars sounds good but I heard it's very sad :-( I've been trying to read A Game of Thrones forever. I love the show!
    Thanks so much for joining us! Happy reading and good luck getting through your goals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Jennifer! Glad to be joining in! :) The Fault in Our Stars is SO sad! I can't wait to hear what Becky thinks! Yay, another Game of Thrones fan (I've avoided the show in hopes of reading first, but I don't know how long I can hold out!). Good luck to you as well & thank you for co-hosting! :)

      Delete
  10. I haven't read any of the books on here. But I've heard of some of them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So... much... awesomeness! Not only do we evidently share some TBR titles (and wishlisted ones, in my case), but that guy on the front of HOLD ME CLOSER, NECROMANCER is sizzling enough to ease that one onto my reading list too! Happy read-a-thon both, I'll be reading along with you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe, I just finished it & really enjoyed it. :) I didn't even notice until you said that, but yes, he has a very nice silhouette! ;) Happy reading, Ellie!

      Delete
  12. The Fault in Our Stars sounds awesome! I've also heard so many good things about Jellicoe Road. Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! :D Good luck & happy reading to you as well! I really hope Becky gets to The Fault in Our Stars so we can compare notes (I loooved it!). :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...