Saturday, August 4, 2012

Stacking the Shelves (3)



This meme is hosted (and was created by!) the lovely Tynga at Tynga's Reviews for us to share any new books we procure - from new purchased books, review books, library books, gifted books, and ebooks! We're excited to be participating! :) 


Here are the books Randi got this week! (I've had a cold all week, so I didn't take any pictures!) All title links go to Goodreads!

Won



The Shadow Reader by Sandy Williams - big thank you to Christen @ Goldilox and the Three Weres!


Library



Hold Me Closer, Necromancer by Lish McBride
Beneath a Meth Moon by Jacqueline Woodson
Graffiti Moon by Cath Crowley
Words in the Dust by Trent Reedy


Netgalley




Ashen Winter by Mike Mullin (can't wait to read this! I loved Ashfall!)


Weekly Recap

What did YOU get this week?
Leave us a link!

48 comments:

  1. Great Haul! The Shadow Reader looks good.

    Check out my Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Christy! Doesn't it?! I loooove the cover. :)

      Delete
  2. Great picks this week, Randi! The Shadow Reader and Words in the Dust looks awesome! Hope you enjoy all your books! Happy reading and thanks for stopping by My StS post! 

    ~ Maida @ Literary Love Affair

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hold Me Closer, Necromancer looks really good! Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to get to it! I love the cover. :)

      Delete
  4. Great cover on Words in the Dust. HEre is my post: Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right! It's very very pretty. :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. Awesome haul! I really want to read Ashfall - I've heard many great things! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, Ashfall is awesome!!! One of my favorites. :) Let me know what you think after you read it!

      Delete
  6. Ahhhh, THE SHADOW READER looks so good; I don't know why I haven't bought it yet!

    Awesome blog! New follower. Follow back, please? (:

    Here's my STS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Hayden!! Following back. :) (LOVE your blog design!)

      Delete
  7. Words in the Dust looks like it'll be really interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping so! It sounds like something different. :)

      Delete
  8. A nice haul! Graffiti Moon was amazing.

    Happy reading :)

    Sharon @ http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com.au/2012/08/the-sunday-post-stacking-shelves-5th.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sharon! Ooo, glad to hear you liked it. :) It's one of those books I can't believe I haven't read yet!

      Delete
  9. Nice! I've heard good things about Ashfall but I haven't gotten to it. I hope you enjoy the sequel! Thanks for stopping by my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jessica! Definitely read Ashfall when you get the chance. :)

      Delete
  10. Nice list of books this week. The Shadow Reader sounds like such a good book.
    Book Sniffers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't it look good?! I haven't read an urban fantasy in a while either, so it'll be a nice change. :) Thanks for stopping by, Kristin!

      Delete
  11. Graffiti Moon was really good. Hope you'll like it! :)

    Fara @ Tumbling In Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I love hearing booklove. :) Haha. Thanks for stopping by, Fara! Hopefully I'll read & post my review on Graffiti Moon soon, planning on reading it this week!

      Delete
  12. Great Haul! I really want to read Hold Me Closer, Necromancer by Lish McBride, it just sounds freaking awesome! :)

    Enjoy the books you got!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nina! I'm planning to start that one tonight! :)

      Delete
  13. Hold Me Closer, Necromancer strikes me as an interesting read. Curious to read what you think.

    Thanks for stopping by my StS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Starting it tonight, and hopefully reviewing it next week! :) Thanks, V!

      Delete
  14. I've heard good things about Mullen. Hope you enjoy.
    Happy reading,
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait for Ashen Winter! :) Thanks, Brandi!

      Delete
  15. Nice book haul! I loved Graffiti Moon. I can't wait to see what you think of it. Enjoy all the books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard such good things about it! :) Hoping to read for the readathon this week and review it next week. Thanks, Andrea!

      Delete
  16. I heard Graffiti Moon was an amazing book I still need to pick it up myself. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Planning to read it this week *fingerscrossed*! I hope it meets my expectations, which are admittedly a little high after hearing nothing but good things! :)

      Delete
  17. I absolutely LOVE Graffiti Moon! My all time favorite book, ever! I really hope you enjoy it. Happy reading (:

    And thanks for stopping by!
    Jessirae @ Words, Pages, and Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a great recommendation, Jessirae!! Even more excited to read it now! :) Thanks!

      Delete
  18. Hold Me Closer was such a fun read! I really need to get around to reading Graffiti Moon, and I have Ashen Winter as well to read soon and I'm so excited, Ashfall was epic. Enjoy your goodies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay Ashfall fangirling! xD Hahaha. I loooved that book. Starting Hold Me Closer tonight! :) Thanks, Jenni!

      Delete
  19. My friend really loved Grafitti Moon. I've been meaning to check it out but haven't gotten around to it. I hope you enjoy your lovely books!

    Thanks for commenting on My IMM!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kris! I just started it & I'm loving the writing already.

      Delete
  20. Great haul!! I have Ashen Winter from NetGalley too. I've yet to read Ashfall though. Thanks for stopping by my Showcase Sunday!

    Ning @ Reading by Kindle Fire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ning! :) I hope you get to Ashfall soon. I really really loved it!

      Delete
  21. Great Haul! You got a bunch of good looking books.

    Thanks for stopping by mine -Brittan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Brittan! :D Nothing like new books to put me in a good mood hehe.

      Delete
  22. Sorry to hear you had a cold!! Nasty little buggers those are! :(
    But you got some great looking books! :) I've heard nothing but good things about Graffiti Moon, hope you enjoy it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Argh, this cold is just hanging on! Thanks, Daisy! :) I just started Graffiti Moon and I am loving the writing already! (There's totally a character named Daisy, too!)

      Delete
  23. I loved Graffiti Moon so much, hope you love it. I have the Shadow Reader as well and heard lots of good things about it. Ashen Winter is one I received as well but I still need to read Ashfall first. Nice haul Randi and thanks for stopping by The Readers Den. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rachel! I just started Graffiti Moon tonight, and I'm already lovely Cath Crowley's writing! Can't wait to get to Shadow Reader - it'll be a nice change from the genres I've been reading lately. I hope you get to Ashfall soon!!!

      Delete
  24. Graffiti Moon!! One of my favourites for sure. Hold Me Closer, Necromancer was a lot of fun.

    Enjoy! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just finished Graffiti Moon. TOTAL book hangover. It was absolutely incredible!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...