Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.
This week our list (brought to you by Randi!) is on the top ten Favorite Kick-Ass Heroines. I've chosen my fave heroines from a variety of genres, so enjoy! Lots of linkage to Goodreads, so feel free to get click-happy.
Randi's Top Ten Favorite Kick-Ass Heroines:
(in no particular order)
(in no particular order)
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
1. Zulaikha from Words in the Dust by Trent Reedy - review here
2. Katsa from Graceling by Kristin Cashore
3. Hazel from The Fault in Our Stars by John Green - my review here & Becky's here
4. Darla from Ashfall by Mike Mullin - can't wait to read Ashen Winter which is sitting on my shelf!
5. Cinder from Cinder by Marissa Meyer - Becky & I both eagerly await Scarlet
2. Katsa from Graceling by Kristin Cashore
3. Hazel from The Fault in Our Stars by John Green - my review here & Becky's here
4. Darla from Ashfall by Mike Mullin - can't wait to read Ashen Winter which is sitting on my shelf!
5. Cinder from Cinder by Marissa Meyer - Becky & I both eagerly await Scarlet
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |











Loved Katsa, Karou & Lisbeth too. I still have to read a few other books you mentioned - awesome list!
ReplyDeleteTanya Patrice
Girlxoxo.com
Thanks, Tanya! :D
DeleteGreat list! I reckon I'll be seeing Lisbeth make a lot of people's lists this week (she didn't in mine this week but she's definitely kick-ass)
ReplyDeleteHere's my TTT for this week =)
Thanks, Lianne! Lisbeth totally rocks my socks. :)
DeleteI picked Katsa and the ladies from The Help too. :) I almost picked Hazel. ..I guess I should have, since I only had 7 on my list lol.
ReplyDeleteYAY! So glad someone else picked the ladies from the Help! :D I thought they were all really awesome, strong women. :)
DeleteI've always wanted to read Graceling! She sounds like such a strong character.
ReplyDeleteI agree with the other choices, though. :)
DO IT! DO IT! :) I still need to read the companion books. I was ready to run and get the rest in the Seven Kingdoms series right after I finished Graceling...and then realized they're not about Katsa. :(
DeleteGreat list. How could I forget about Faythe,she so rocks. My TT http://jennreneeread.blogspot.com/2012/10/teaser-tuesday-31-and-top-ten-21.html
ReplyDeleteYAY! So glad I'm not the only Faythe fan!!! :D
DeleteI still have to read Daughter of Smoke and Bone and it's good to hear that Karou is kick-ass, I love that!
ReplyDeleteMy TTT
Can't wait to see what you think! :D It's one of my favorites!
DeleteI can't wait to read Daughter of smoke and bone. Check out my TTT http://adventuresofateenagebookworm.blogspot.ie/2012/10/top-ten-tuesday-kick-butt-heroines.html
ReplyDeleteYay! Read it ASAP! ;) The sequel comes out next week! :D
DeleteAhhh Karou ♥ She made my TTT as well! I actually own Graceling, Ashfall & Cinder but I haven't had a chance to read them...yet. The Help and Dragon Tattoo are both on my reading list as well! Thanks for sharing, new follower via GFC & NB :)
ReplyDeleteMicheline @ Lunar Rainbows
Yay Karou!!! I think she's one of my favorite female characters ever. She's just SO badass, haha. Of those three...I'd say Ashfall is my fave. And the sequel just came out! :)
DeleteThanks for following!
Katsa! Woo!
ReplyDeleteMy TTT: http://shelversanon.blogspot.com/2012/10/top-10-tuesday-i-am-no-man.html