The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~ It's a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.
Last Week We Brought You
Sunday
Review of The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
A heartbreaking holocaust story from the POV of a young German girl.
A heartbreaking holocaust story from the POV of a young German girl.
(Review)
In short, this is a punishing read, but it is well crafted and perhaps important to experience. It shows the suffering on all sides, in all ages.

While I like the story and it is beautifully written, I can’t exactly say I enjoyed it, especially realizing that girls like Lakshmi are suffering these horrors right now around the world. However, that awareness strikes a chord and makes me want to take action, to speak out as Patricia McCormick has with this book.
Tuesday
See which series I've left hanging and why!
(Top Ten Tuesday)
Wednesday Waiting on Wednesday
Which books are Randi and I eagerly awaiting?
(WoW)
![]() |
Randi and I go head to head reviewing the same book. Who loved it and who scorned it?
(Twice Baked Thursday)
Do you like poorly written, shallow adaptations of classics? Then this book is for you. (Becky)
I thought it played out its adaptation of Jekyll/Hyde pretty well! Cross took Robert Louis Stevenson's idea and came up with her own backstory and implications for it. (Randi)
Becky's review of yet another John Green Novel
(Review)
The characters seemed painfully real in all of their awkward, insecurities. Readers should be forewarned that there are many red flags, and this is not for the younger or more sensitive teen.
While I recognize this book's merit and great popularity, it just wasn't for me. I liked Christopher (our main character), and I appreciated the authentic quality of his perspective, that of a boy with (I'm assuming) Asperger's Syndrome, a very high-functioning form of autism.
Sunday
Review of The Looking Glass Wars, by Frank Beddor
Becky reviews the gritty adaptation of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland
Becky reviews the gritty adaptation of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland
I had high hopes for the high-spirited Alysse, but once she left wonderland the characters all flattened into the deck of cards that they were. Most of them coasted on the personalities granted to them by the original story or simply didn't have personalities at all.Goodreads Summary It’s just a small story really, about among other things: a girl, some words, an accordionist, some fanatical Germans, a Jewish fist-fighter, and quite a lot of thievery. . . .
This Week Look For
See what's going on for the month of October and tell us what you're planning! Randi and I will be having an exclusively scary set of reviews. I'll be focused on horror and she will sample from horror, thriller and mystery. Every week we'll have a new list-post for you to join us in!
(monthly event)
Sunday
Review of The Looking Glass Wars from Becky
(Review)
Monday
Review of Living Dead Girl from Randi
(Review)
Tuesday
Top Ten Older Books Not to Forget
from Becky and Randi
(Top Ten Tuesday)
Wednesday
Waiting On Wednesday
See what books Randi and I are eagerly awaiting!
(WoW)
Thursday
Twice Baked Thursday:
Randi and I go head to head reviewing The First Days by Rhiannon Frater
(Twice Baked Thursday)
What's Next
I need your help deciding what I should read next!
(What's Next)
Friday
Fugitives by John Green
(review)
Saturday
Randi gives us a Stacking the Shelves post!
(STS)
Sunday
Becky Reviews Books of Blood by Clive Barker
(Review)


Don't you love busy weeks. And you definitely had one. Happy reading..
ReplyDeleteJenea @ Books Live Forever
http://booksliveforever.com/?p=4516
Awesome week and I am looking forward to the week ahead. Thanks for being part of The Sunday Post
ReplyDeletewow, looks like you had a busy week! I have to go check out your reviews/thoughts on Girl with the Steel Corset, I've been drooling over that cover for awhile... Book Savvy Babe
ReplyDeleteI love how you don't agree on Girl with the Steel Corset,it actually makes me want to read it more. It seems like you guys had a busy week here. Thanks for stopping by and happy reading!
ReplyDeleteMichelle
Great week! I love the format you do your sunday post in =D
ReplyDelete