Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Top Ten: settings I'd like to read more of





Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.  

This week our list (brought to you by Becky) is Top Ten Settings I'd like to read more of.



1. Iowa I'm an Iowa girl and I hold it very dear.  I want to read books set here, but woe to those who fail to write it convincingly. 
2. Georgia: I find the Georgian accent and lifestyle very romantic.  I very nearly got to visit Savannah, but alas, it fell through.  Someday!
3. Antarctica:  I love the way the landscape in Antarctica is like its own character.  It so unique and alien.
4.New Orleans
I visited New Orleans two years ago and I'm just itching to go back.  It is lush, romantic, haunting, and hot.
5. Prague
thanks a lot Laini Taylor.  You hook me on Prague and then you LEAVE it.  Uncool.
6. France
I love all things Joanne Harris, she makes france seem so atmospheric and magical.  Lets not forget the food, either lol.
7. Fillory
What's that you say?  I can't pick a parallel universe?  I DO WHAT I WANT. I love this gritty magical realm.  Write faster lev Grossman. 
8. England
England feels like the mother country to me, especially after living there for four months. I especially love London.
9. Italy
My parents just went to Italy so now I'm hooked and jealous.  I need to visit vicariously.
10.Spain
My sister is going to Spain for spring break...see above
11.Midwest
If I can't have Iowa, I'll settle for the Midwest.  It's better here, just admit it.

3 comments:

  1. I'm loving this list. I also fell in love with Prague after reading Daughter of Smoke and Bone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting Jorie's Reads! You mentioned Louisiana on my blog. It's such a great place for stories to grow!...I love your list, especially Fillory!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, yes. I would go for some more Prague!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...